Do you think ahead on what should be your 100th platinum?

Crzy Minus

As someone currently at 74 plats, I’ve been thinking about the next few games I’ll touch (on PSN in this case). But rarely I think of a game that would fit as my 100th plat, of course I’m still a bit early to do so which brings up the question: Do you think what should your 100th plat be? In case you haven’t achieved it yet.

Being on the topic now, in my case I have a few considerations that would fit as my choice for such a milestone:

-

Demon’s Souls (PS3) - The first FROM SOFT Souls game to come out and also the only one I’ve never finished, would be a fine choice as my 100th, would also match on my list since I got Bloodborne as my first plat too. Although I’m not too keen on the plat name being “Toughest Soul Trophy”.

Persona 4 Golden - According to PSNP, the first PSN trophy I’ve ever earned was from this game (although it was actually from Welcome Park on the Vita offline, but I’ll still take it!) And just like the Souls series I’ve been pretty fond of the Persona Series, and yet I haven’t earned the plat  to this day. So the thought of P4G having my first trophy and also my 100th platinum would be pretty intriguing.

??? - Maybe it’ll be something completely different and unexpected, like a surprise or unannounced game by the time I get to 100, I don’t know.

• Like 4

I remember putting a lot of thought into what I wanted my 100th platinum to be. It can be a tricky decision to make because the significance of the milestone can hinge on how important the game is to you. For me, I value a steep challenge in video games and wanted my 100th platinum to represent some monumental struggle.     

In my case, I saved Hollow Knight for my 100th platinum back in mid-2019 because I was really excited to face the 5th pantheon (basically a 40+ boss rush). The difficulty didn't disappoint and that moment of triumph after barely defeating Absolute Radiance at the end of it all is still fresh in my mind to this day.  

The meaning you attach to your milestone is what makes it valuable. So, in my opinion, finding that meaning should be your top priority. It sounds like both of your considerations have some serious sentimental value to you which may be a perfect fit for you personally. Tough questions may help narrow it down further like: What do I want this milestone to represent? Will this game mean anything to me 10 years from now? If so, why? Why do I play video games at all?

That said, if you're thinking about your selection as early as your 74th platinum, I'm sure you will find something you will be happy with by the time you reach your 100th. Good luck!

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

In my case, I saved Hollow Knight for my 100th platinum back in mid-2019 because I was really excited to face the 5th pantheon (basically a 40+ boss rush). The difficulty didn't disappoint and the triumph I felt after barely defeating Absolute Radiance at the end of it all is still fresh in my mind to this day.

Whoa, you actually bothered to do the pantheon normally? Props to you! I didn't have the patience to grind those bosses, so invincibility glitch for the win. ?

Anyway, I've never cared one iota about milestones. I think my 200th platinum was Squareboy or something, haha. But, yes, please finish Demon's Souls—exceptional game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

As someone currently at 74 plats, I’ve been thinking about the next few games I’ll touch (on PSN in this case). But rarely I think of a game that would fit as my 100th plat, of course I’m still a bit early to do so which brings up the question: Do you think what should your 100th plat be? In case you haven’t achieved it yet.

Looking over your platinums so far, you've put quite a bit of time and effort into them by the looks of it so it makes sense to me that you are thinking ahead at your 100th. You have some nice plats in that list already for sure ?

Other people might feel differently though, I tend to treat my trophies like a digital scrapbook really, a nice bit of my own personal history with games to look at and reflect on. I don't think there is any right or wrong way of doing it though, each to their own. I think that's probably also why I like the idea of trophies really, they tend to mean something different to everyone.

For context - my 50th, 100th and 150th all ended up being some of my favourite Resident Evil games. So i'm planning to keep that going for the 200th with Resident Evil 8. I also want to make that 200th my first PS5 platinum as I'm going to get the new console with that release. So the 200th is gonna be a big one as it's a bit of a double whammy. I have just under 40 more plats to go - so by the time i've got through those, I would hope all the scalper-frenzies and stock shortages for the console will be settled down too.

Good luck with it @Crzy Minus - 100 platinums is a hell of a milestone!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

Yeah got a lot of that stuff planned ahead of time.
Almost at 100 platinum trophies
 Currently planning on my 100th Platinum being Nexomon Extinction, originally was The Last Guardian but ended up changing my mind.
 Kind of wish I thought further ahead and had it be Okami though, but guess I never thought I would be making it this far.
 As far as The Last Guardian goes, currently planning on that to be platinum 150(Or 200, if it doesn't take me forever to get there like 100 did), whenever I get there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Whoa, you actually bothered to do the pantheon normally? Props to you! I didn't have the patience to grind those bosses, so invincibility glitch for the win. 1f605.png

Embarrassingly, I wasn't aware of the invincibility glitch when I was going for the platinum ?. I earned the platinum in June 2019 and only found out about the glitch in September 2019 thanks to the "Invincible Glitch" thread on PSNP (even though the glitch itself was found back in 2018 and long pre-dates my platinum).

If I were nearing that sort of milestone again in 2020, I'd probably pick a different game admittedly (or at least do more research), but, at the time, it was a hard-fought grind to victory for me so I'm still happy to have Hollow Knight as a milestone. 

• Like 1

I do think about the plat milestones, but usually not quite as far in advance as you are.  It's actually weird for me to already have my 200th planned because normally I'd not be thinking about that until I am more like about 5 plats away, which is part of why my 125th plat was so random because I actually forgot about the milestone until I hit it.  For me, I tend to pick games I really enjoyed that aren't as well known.  I've already decided my 200th plat is going to be Ys IX when it comes out in February.

• Like 2

I did give it a lot of thought when I was nearing my 100th. 

I decided to face one of my greatest demons: Catherine, a game which was left unplatted for 5 years, and that I happen to love to death. 

So I got it. When approaching my 200th Catherine Full Body was announced, so I didn't even give it a thought. So CFB was my 200th.

Now I'm at 227, and I've already chosen my 300th:  Catherine (EU). Hopefully the ps3 trophy sync will still be available by then. 

Great job so far, and good luck on your journey, and make it special. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
  • Like 2

I did think ahead and planned for the Final Fantasy VII Remake to be my 100th, with the additional challenge of it also being my 7777th trophy.

Think I was on 86 platinums and just shy of 7500 trophies when I had the idea. Whipped up a quick excel spreadsheet of how many trophies I had to get (platinum and overall) and compared that to my current level. Had some formula in that worked out the average trophies I would need to get per platinum, which either shifted higher or lower depending what games I'd completed. I then looked for a list of easy platinums with short lists as whilst something like a Telltale game is an easy platinum, it has too many trophies overall. It was a constant state of getting the balance right.

Luckily, a few days after I started this goal, there was a PSN sale where a lot of Ratalaika games were going for about £1.50. That made it easier to get to the platinum total of 76 and then I just played whatever I had in my backlog to get the trophy count to 7775. Once I hit that, it was back to FF7R to get the final trophy (7776) and then the 100th platinum and trophy 7777.

When I look back, it's sad as all hell but 2020 doesn't have a lot else going on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

i'm barely half way there so it's too difficult to plan. However,  i never pay attention to trophy milestones and am totally unaware of them, so I haven't planned any of my trophies. It's more about getting the trophy rather than when I get it. 

I get that for sure :) I think that's what I love about the trophy hunting side of things, so many different ways to enjoy it and get something out of it. You are so close to platinum number 50 though! that's awesome!

• Like 1

I really wanted The Last of Us Remastered to be my 100th because I both adore this game and the Part II was my first platinum ever, but given that I am a long way away from this milestone and I am pretty close to getting this platinum now, it probably gonna happen much sooner, like 40th or 50th. But if I had the patience it would definetly be this game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...