Do you think ahead on what should be your 100th platinum?

Crzy Minus

I plan some more then others, depends on what the milestone is and whether or not I can have some fun with it lol after all, isn't having fun the whole point of gaming?

One example would be for my 9000th trophy, I popped one titled "It's over 9000!".  Figured a DBZ reference was pretty fitting for that one lol. 

I would say I like going for double milestones if I can.. my 60th :platinum: was also my 6000th trophy, 100th :platinum: was my 7000th, 225th :platinum: was also 10,000th... that sort of thing.  Doesn't always line up but I try to hit it if I can. 

I would've liked to get one with a luggage reference for #12,345 (I see you Spaceballs fans ;)) but didn't notice how close I was to it until it was too late lol ah well, ce la vie.  Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.

I guess more then anything I just try to pop a :platinum: for most milestones, unless I can get one with a fun name that makes sense for it.  The last "thousandth" trophy milestone that I hit that WASN'T a :platinum: was #3000.  Not every milestone gets listed as such on your PSN page, so really at the end of the day, it's mostly just for you and what you enjoy doing with it.

Good luck on hitting that century mark, no matter what you decide to do for it!  Let us know what you went with either way:popcorn:

• Like 1

I planned for a long time, but at the time it ended up being a random game, and the same will happen now with platinum 500

I did at the time. I didn't pay attention to Milestones until around the time I was at 75 Plats, and I only did because I noticed my First, 25th and 50th Platinums were WWE games (and I didn't plan that). So I figured 75 and 100 should also be WWE games. I kinda stopped worrying about Milestones after that, until 200 came along and I made it another WWE game. 

1st = WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010

25th = WWE 2K14

50th = WWE 2K15

75th = WWE 2K16

100th = WWE Legends of WrestleMania

200th = WWE 2K20

I was working on 2K17 for 100...but once it took 100 hours to finish career mode and I realized I still had another 100 hours to play the Online to get the Plat, I gave up on it. Itwasn't worth the boredom. But I still wanted that 100 to be a WWE game so I bought Legends of WrestleMania just for that occasion. Didn't Plat another WWE game until 2K20...and that's only because no one was playing it, so the online was super easy to boost. 

Nowadays I'm at 272 as of writing this and have taken a break from playing WWE 2K22. I do want to make it Plat 300...but not only will 300 likely not come until next year, what I have left to do in 2K22 I just don't want to do, so there's a chance I won't Plat it and will likely have moved on by the time I get closer to 300. Buuuttttt there is the new AEW game coming...I could very well make that one 300 and slightly break tradition. 

One of those things that will have more planning once I'm closer to the goal. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm sitting at 99 right now and Assassin's Creed Odyssey at 99% waiting to be platinumed. I was gonna do Call of Duty Black Ops 2 but after finally hooking up my PS3 and doing some research I found it is unobtainable. For my 100th platinum I aimed for sentimental value more than anything. BO2 was my favorite COD game and finding out I can't get it, I'm stumped. All the other games I really enjoyed I have already got the platinum for. 

Not even in dreams. 

I play very few games (im very specific with what i game, i can't play anything if i don't FEEL it, so yeah). 

But, i have a game in mind for my 20th platinum :D 

GTA IV <3  (i would like it to be GTA 6, but i think i'll get to my 50th platinum, before they release it).....

Edited by TomataEighty9
  • Like 1

I've got a ways to go until that point but generally it's on my mind what game to platinum for milestones. I mostly just want them to be games that aren't quick sub 10 hour games but there are certain games that cross my mind for milestones like finally trying Demons Souls.