lewy_your_pic

Is it still worth getting a ps3?

162 posts in this topic

No. PS3 exclusives are getting remasters for ps4 and 5 and the multiplats can be found on PC with better resolution and frame rate. Sometimes i boot up my ps3 to finish up some trophy lists and damn that 720p and sub 20fps is just torture. 

Edited by OnuR10Ly
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a bunch of games you want to play on PS3 then yes.  If you only want to play a few games and already have a big backlog, then no.  Also, I thought Metal Gear Solid, the first one, was a PSone Classic?  I bought and played it on the PS3 that way.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

I don’t care about the multiplats tbh I only want it to play the metal gear games I have found one for £105 that’s with the metal gear games and the ps3 

 

Not sure but i thought MGS collection was on psnow. So if you got a good connection try the free trial for like 7 days and you good. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ccase137 said:

If you have a bunch of games you want to play on PS3 then yes.  If you only want to play a few games and already have a big backlog, then no.  Also, I thought Metal Gear Solid, the first one, was a PSone Classic?  I bought and played it on the PS3 that way.

Oh I didn’t know that you can play it on ps3 

9 minutes ago, OnuR10Ly said:

 

Not sure but i thought MGS collection was on psnow. So if you got a good connection try the free trial for like 7 days and you good. 

I can try but I don’t think my connection is that good for panow which is why I was considering a ps3

 

Update, just tired and the connection won’t work to stream the games 

Edited by lewy_your_pic
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, PS3 is awesome and a lot more tougher games than the PS4. Just look out for the games that have servers taken down and recently the PS3 had a firmware patch, so Sony know's it still sells, lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChristSupremacy said:

Yes, PS3 is awesome and a lot more tougher games than the PS4. Just look out for the games that have servers taken down and recently the PS3 had a firmware patch, so Sony know's it still sells, lol.

I’m only going for the metal gear games mostly because I can’t use psnow because of my connection 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can get mgs 1 as a ps1 classic on ps3 too, or its just come out on gog as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

I’m only going for the metal gear games mostly because I can’t use psnow because of my connection 

PS Now is overrated anyway. I think it's not gonna last personally.
PS3 physical games are super cheap anyway, often cheaper than the PS Store as no sales exist anymore.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

you can get mgs 1 as a ps1 classic on ps3 too, or its just come out on gog as well.

Yeah, I might wait out on it see if something is announced for mgs 1 as there’s rumours of a remake 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got myself a ps3 few months ago to play the old god of war series and some nostalgic games and all of them are cheap so yeah go for it if you’re not getting a ps5 soon because that distracted  me from the ps3 that i still didn’t use that much

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

I got myself a ps3 few months ago to play the old god of war series and some nostalgic games and all of them are cheap so yeah go for it if you’re not getting a ps5 soon because that distracted  me from the ps3 that i still didn’t use that much

Yeah I got a ps5 I have a few games to play. Like I’m going for the plat on doom eternal, playing demon souls and I’m wanting to finish my play through on ff7 but still want to play the metal gear games 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ps3 underrated console

Edited by Squarevii87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not? You can play MGS 4 or Dead Space and a lot more. How much does a PS3 cost? 70$? id say go for it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS3 is a great console, I love getting back on it from time to time to play some games I had not finished in the past. If you only plan on playing 3 or 4 games on it I think it's quite expensive that you buy a console for it, but there are so many other games you can play as well, I think you should buy it and find other games than MGS, you won't be disappointed!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It absolutely is. Not just because of the mgs franchise but because you can also get other games dirt cheap these days. I bought max Payne 3 for litteraly 1,40€ on eBay. 

Edited by xDerErnst
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its  worth it just for the metal gear games tbh besides you haven't experience metal gear until you play 1-4 they are what metal gear was all about before making it openworld and to my opinion take away some of the soul of the previous games and the story in all are way way better and told in a better way than 5. Besides im sure you'll find other games aswell 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

its  worth it just for the metal gear games tbh besides you haven't experience metal gear until you play 1-4 they are what metal gear was all about before making it openworld and to my opinion take away some of the soul of the previous games and the story in all are way way better and told in a better way than 5. Besides im sure you'll find other games aswell 

Yeah I might wait it out see if a remake and remasters get announced and if they don’t I might buy one early next year and hopefully it’ll be more cheap 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.