Is it still worth getting a ps3?

lewy_your_pic

No. PS3 exclusives are getting remasters for ps4 and 5 and the multiplats can be found on PC with better resolution and frame rate. Sometimes i boot up my ps3 to finish up some trophy lists and damn that 720p and sub 20fps is just torture. 

Edited by OnuR10Ly
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

I don’t care about the multiplats tbh I only want it to play the metal gear games I have found one for £105 that’s with the metal gear games and the ps3 

Not sure but i thought MGS collection was on psnow. So if you got a good connection try the free trial for like 7 days and you good. 

11 minutes ago, ccase137 said:

If you have a bunch of games you want to play on PS3 then yes.  If you only want to play a few games and already have a big backlog, then no.  Also, I thought Metal Gear Solid, the first one, was a PSone Classic?  I bought and played it on the PS3 that way.

Oh I didn’t know that you can play it on ps3 

9 minutes ago, OnuR10Ly said:

Not sure but i thought MGS collection was on psnow. So if you got a good connection try the free trial for like 7 days and you good. 

I can try but I don’t think my connection is that good for panow which is why I was considering a ps3

Update, just tired and the connection won’t work to stream the games 

Edited by lewy_your_pic

6 minutes ago, ChristSupremacy said:

Yes, PS3 is awesome and a lot more tougher games than the PS4. Just look out for the games that have servers taken down and recently the PS3 had a firmware patch, so Sony know's it still sells, lol.

I’m only going for the metal gear games mostly because I can’t use psnow because of my connection 

8 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

I’m only going for the metal gear games mostly because I can’t use psnow because of my connection 

PS Now is overrated anyway. I think it's not gonna last personally.
PS3 physical games are super cheap anyway, often cheaper than the PS Store as no sales exist anymore.

3 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

I got myself a ps3 few months ago to play the old god of war series and some nostalgic games and all of them are cheap so yeah go for it if you’re not getting a ps5 soon because that distracted  me from the ps3 that i still didn’t use that much

Yeah I got a ps5 I have a few games to play. Like I’m going for the plat on doom eternal, playing demon souls and I’m wanting to finish my play through on ff7 but still want to play the metal gear games 

PS3 is a great console, I love getting back on it from time to time to play some games I had not finished in the past. If you only plan on playing 3 or 4 games on it I think it's quite expensive that you buy a console for it, but there are so many other games you can play as well, I think you should buy it and find other games than MGS, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 1

its  worth it just for the metal gear games tbh besides you haven't experience metal gear until you play 1-4 they are what metal gear was all about before making it openworld and to my opinion take away some of the soul of the previous games and the story in all are way way better and told in a better way than 5. Besides im sure you'll find other games aswell 

1 minute ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

its  worth it just for the metal gear games tbh besides you haven't experience metal gear until you play 1-4 they are what metal gear was all about before making it openworld and to my opinion take away some of the soul of the previous games and the story in all are way way better and told in a better way than 5. Besides im sure you'll find other games aswell 

Yeah I might wait it out see if a remake and remasters get announced and if they don’t I might buy one early next year and hopefully it’ll be more cheap