Deadly obssesion is impossible

cbh114

I didn't like playing on this difficulty specifically because of the instant death climbing sections. The combat I could manage and understand how to get by after a few tries, but missing a grapple or ledge because of crappy mechanics was infuriating.

You will succeed, it will just take longer than it needs to

Abuse gas arrows, and stealth wherever you can (if seen, run and hide so you can stealth again). When in a fight use cover and never rush if more than 1 enemy. Final boss, ignore all smaller enemies and go straight for him and use the slo-mo move.

Game is a joke then.

Good luck!

10 hours ago, colia100 said:

Abuse gas arrows, and stealth wherever you can (if seen, run and hide so you can stealth again). When in a fight use cover and never rush if more than 1 enemy. Final boss, ignore all smaller enemies and go straight for him and use the slo-mo move.

Game is a joke then.

Good luck!

10 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

If you're doing your first run on deadly obsession on new game then you're just making it harder for yourself. Do it on ng+ and it will be much easier.

10 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I didn't like playing on this difficulty specifically because of the instant death climbing sections. The combat I could manage and understand how to get by after a few tries, but missing a grapple or ledge because of crappy mechanics was infuriating.

You will succeed, it will just take longer than it needs to

10 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Bruh it's hard but not impossible, keep trying

10 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

git gud son

just kidding lol

for real tho, just abuse the save system.. personally I just found annoying having to lit up the fire to save and stick to main story line just to get it over with 

trial and error bro, eventually you'll get it done

10 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

I remember only having problems in the first checkpoint (because it's veeeery long) and in the final 2 checkpoints. But the last one was just a boss fight, so no real problems there. 

Just keep at it, it isn't hard really, just intimidating. 

Finally completed cenote Yessss 

• Like 4

during combat the poison arrows are your best friend, also go straight to the main mission lines and speed through the unnecessary parts, if you find any parts lying around do not hesitate to collect them, the climbing and parkour is very clunky and broken in this shitty game so you have to try and try again to pass them around 50% of my deaths is by the climbing parts the game have a habit of made the climbing parts at times works and on other times doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...

It's kind of funny how the combat gave me little to no problem, instead it was the climbing and other sections. I died 3 times in the swimming section because of the piranhas and it set me back further than I thought was fair. The way the camps are set up just don't really make sense to me. Some of the segments have too many combat and climbing sections inbetween camps, which can make u lose quite a bit of playtime if u die on a jumping error. Other than that I really enjoyed the challenge. If anyone needs any visual guidance, the channel TheSeraphim17 has an excellent video walkthrough. 

5 hours ago, Lil-Gocee said:

It's kind of funny how the combat gave me little to no problem, instead it was the climbing and other sections. I died 3 times in the swimming section because of the piranhas and it set me back further than I thought was fair. The way the camps are set up just don't really make sense to me. Some of the segments have too many combat and climbing sections inbetween camps, which can make u lose quite a bit of playtime if u die on a jumping error. Other than that I really enjoyed the challenge. If anyone needs any visual guidance, the channel TheSeraphim17 has an excellent video walkthrough. 

That's who I used, saved my life

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Cenote was the hardest part. No problems with the enemies there, but redoing 30 minutes because Lara didn't grab the ledge or was eaten by some piranhas, wasn't such fun.

Making shitty checkpoints and call it hard, is somehow the wrong description of difficulty

Edited by xXK-oZXx

If its like other 3rd person shooters, like uncharted, just get up against the corner of a wall but dont take cover and you can just shoot through the wall and you wont get hit. I got the 100% so it probably works but i cant remember, works for every uncharted game though, makes crushing much more manageable :P

4 hours ago, ThunderSaucepan said:

Lol I got past the Trial of the Eagle only to die because the Grapple Axe decided to not work at the last second. These developers have single digit IQs 

Wait for the last mission..talk to Etzli, watch the whole cutscene because skipping doesnt work, swim to the temple, make 2-3 jumps and then there comes a jump which is luck to get...

Even PowerPyx writes in his guide:"The next jump is one of the more annoying ones, because the grappling hook doesn’t always attach as he is supposed to. Eventually, you’ll get some grip and can climb to the other side of the structure to"

I died 3 times there...yay watching that cutscene over and over again...man this was annoying..

12 hours ago, Ghaz84 said:

Wait for the last mission..talk to Etzli, watch the whole cutscene because skipping doesnt work, swim to the temple, make 2-3 jumps and then there comes a jump which is luck to get...

Even PowerPyx writes in his guide:"The next jump is one of the more annoying ones, because the grappling hook doesn’t always attach as he is supposed to. Eventually, you’ll get some grip and can climb to the other side of the structure to"

I died 3 times there...yay watching that cutscene over and over again...man this was annoying..

Yeah I'm currently in the Cenote about to attempt the chase sequence...If the grappling hook fails me here, I'm not touching this game for another four months