Sleeper Hit of 2020?

Lord_Bane999

1 hour ago, mikem192 said:

Great tip. The controls in general seem very backwards to me. I am jumping between this and Nioh to be fair so having R1/R2 as light and heavy attacks is just dreadful 

I have completely changed mine around to match the more ‘usua’l set up as best I could because the game seems to hate you changing it up to much 

Light attack is now square 

heavy is triangle

stealth/interact is circle 

spring/dodge is R2

and crouch is L3

Fantastic game so far though

Yeah I personally don't get why in any game a dodge button wouldn't be on a shoulder button. It's just more natural and allowed full control for the combat.

I forgot to mention though I also have the Item activation moved from L1  to L3(left thumbstick press) as well. Since it's left unused and one really wouldn't ever use them anyways besides only for puzzles or when you just enter combat.

9 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Yeah I personally don't get why in any game a dodge button wouldn't be on a shoulder button. It's just more natural and allowed full control for the combat.

I forgot to mention though I also have the Item activation moved from L1  to L3(left thumbstick press) as well. Since it's left unused and one really wouldn't ever use them anyways besides only for puzzles or when you just enter combat.

Exactly! Just feels odd 

To make things worse, I just started Assassins creed Valhalla and it’s got the same buttons as this game. So looks like I’ll have to get used to it as changing the buttons is a pain 

I just bought this game for PS5.. and I'm excited to play it. It looks very cool and these people created AC: Odyssey (which I loved)!

I did notice it got a bit on the background due to all other big releases.

(After two weeks it got a 50% sale here..)

2 hours ago, SGRevan said:

I just bought this game for PS5.. and I'm excited to play it. It looks very cool and these people created AC: Odyssey (which I loved)!

I did notice it got a bit on the background due to all other big releases.

(After two weeks it got a 50% sale here..)

Honestly with pricing it's hard to say wether that was done by the game being less popular or not. Ubisoft especially in the last couple years has taken a pretty big stance on discounting even brand new games within the first couple weeks of their release. I have a feeling because of this they purposely charge more for most of their games so they can offer it on sale and still gain profit despite wether the title is a win or not for them. But I definitely hope the game does well enough that this starts a new series for them.

Bought this game as part of January sale, has been on my radar since it was announced. So glad i did get it, game is great, its not your typical ubisoft open world game, exploring the world is very streamlined and easy to do. Puzzles are entertaining and require a little bit of thought. Even doing the tasks for trophies doesnt feel like a chore like most ubi games, its reached my top 5 games of the year, would give 9/10 and recommend it

• Like 2

I really liked this game.

I really hated this game as a platinum.

After finishing the story, I just threw on some background noise and grinded for 20 hours. The grind adds absolutely nothing to the experience, in my opinion. Would have loved more content instead of just cutting down trees for 2 hours to upgrade my potions.

2 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I'm pretty early in the game, but right now it's putting the sleeper in sleeper hit.

I'll post later once I'm farther in, but played for an hour an hour and turned it off voluntarily to go read a book instead. 

Honestly I felt the same. It was slow and I wondered what the hell I just purchased 

Give it time, once you’ve unlocked a few godly powers and abilities the combat becomes so damn fun. Probably some of the best combat I’ve played! Unlock the jump during climb and get yourself a mount. Really changes things up 

1 hour ago, Jordan_On_Tinder said:

I really liked this game.

I really hated this game as a platinum.

After finishing the story, I just threw on some background noise and grinded for 20 hours. The grind adds absolutely nothing to the experience, in my opinion. Would have loved more content instead of just cutting down trees for 2 hours to upgrade my potions.

I mixed up my play. Clearing the map for a few hours and then hit some missions etc 

I’m at the last boss with all upgrades, most of Hermes tasks done and 6 more upgrades for my potions. I do agree the post game grind is a little intense even still. All 80 myth puzzles was a bit of a kick 

This game was thoroughly disappointing to me. Quickly became disgusted (and I use that word purposely). I felt like they were trying oh-so-hard to make it marginally funny and engaging. Any characters I encountered in my short time playing were mostly unbearable if you ask me. Even the one I created.

Just a straight rip off of so many games before it in so many ways and the way it is executed is distasteful, which quickly sets the tone. Them trying to latch on to the whole "ancient mythology" thing is extremely cheap and just kind of disappointing when you do it this way, it just feels like a "we threw shit at the wall" sort of idea after successes of God of War and later Ghost of Tsushima and their respective themes. Beyond those, it's blatant which games it was molded after as far as the layout, environments and puzzles go. Give the format a break, especially when it's this goddamn forced and lazy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Platinum, if I had played this in 2020 it'd be fighting Ghost for my GoTY. Loved the game, although I wish the hardest difficulty was unlocked by default... Never like when devs do that. People I've spoken to about the game call it a Breath of the Wild copy, well I never play Nintendo games so this was a very fun experience with the puzzles and trials. Also I personally loved the humor behind the story, they managed to make history story telling enjoyable (I generally don't care about it).

Excellent experience, can't wait for the DLC!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Just finished the Platinum, if I had played this in 2020 it'd be fighting Ghost for my GoTY. Loved the game, although I wish the hardest difficulty was unlocked by default... Never like when devs do that. People I've spoken to about the game call it a Breath of the Wild copy, well I never play Nintendo games so this was a very fun experience with the puzzles and trials. Also I personally loved the humor behind the story, they managed to make history story telling enjoyable (I generally don't care about it).

Excellent experience, can't wait for the DLC!

I've played Breath of the Wild pretty extensively and honestly I feel games like this and Genshin Impact calling them BoTW clones is a disservice to them. Sure they started out like that but as the game ramps up they definitely feel larger and more involved then Breath of the Wild was. This particularly I hear compared alot to a more arcadey Assassin's Creed Odyssey which I don't think is a bad thing. It's alot of good notes among casual and serious players, while also removing some of the stuff that has made most modern Ubisoft games a bit overbearing and insufferably long. (No more four fetch sidequests yeah!)

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Railshock said:

To each their own. I find the lighthearted humor to be a positive as too many games take themselves way too seriously.

I agree. I have really been enjoying this game and the more lighthearted tone I think has a lot to do with that.

• Like 1