Langy's Lair of Trophies!

R25CCE

Meh, didn't particularly enjoy this game as much as I thought I would.    In other words, 'just went for the platinum' :P

Congratulations on the new platinum ! I have to start this one myself soon enough  :)

Yea pretty much! You never know until you play the game. I'm probably not giving this game enough credit but there was some sections that just made me hate the game.

• Like 1

Plat # 87

Teslagrad

1L47879f.png

:platinum: Full Completion

Find all 36 scrolls in the game

Meh, didn't particularly enjoy this game as much as I thought I would and some parts were very frustrating. I didn't have too much problem with collecting the scrolls and the bosses were unique and fun (I really liked the eye boss), I didn't have a clue what the story was about though it seemed like their was one but it didn't interest me at all. Overall worth playing if you like puzzles/platformers and the plat isn't exactly a walk in the park. 

Congratulations on your new plat Langy ! what next on the list? 

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new plat Langy ! what next on the list? 

Thanks Cassi, I'm working on inFamous 1 at the moment. Just need to do expert playthrough with evil karma then I'll have plat :)

Congratulations on the Teslagrad platinum ^^

Will you be doing Broken Age when it comes on Plus :D?

Thanks zadorvp! Yes definitely, I'm so glad I didn't buy it when it was on sale a few weeks ago!

• Like 1

Nice work on Teslagrad, I thought the story was alright. Just takes a little while to figure it out, but I felt it was pretty simple overall. I also liked the bosses, except the last boss. The King boss is really easy to die to, if you're not sure what you're doing. Like me xD

• Like 1

Plat # 88

inFamous

1L6729ce.png

:platinum: inFamous Platinum Trophy

Collect all other inFamous trophies.

I originally had only played Second Son & First Light on the PS4, I enjoyed them so I decided to go back and do the original games. I actually had a lot of fun in this game, I was worried that because I played the newer games first this one might feel a little outdated but it holds up surprisingly well. I had no problems with hard difficulty whatsoever, I had to keep checking the options to make sure I actually was playing on hard as it was so easy. My favorite missions were the final boss fight and Alden Strikes. I used a checklist to keep a track of my blast shards so I had no problem collecting those, the cleanup on the side missions for taking over territory was boring though, very repetitive

Overall this is a series I think all people who play PlayStation should definitely try out. I have already bought Festival of Blood when it was on sale a few months ago and I intend to pick up inFamous 2 in the near future :) 

Congrats on the inFAMOUS platinum trophy, it's definitely one of the best, early PS3 games. And definitely one of my favorite superhero games, I think you'll really enjoy inFAMOUS 2. I also recommend inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood this Halloween, it's short but sweet.

Thanks James!

I'll definitely be trying inFamous 2 soon and I plan to play Festival of Blood for Halloween as well.  :) 

What are you working on at the moment?

Thanks James!

I'll definitely be trying inFamous 2 soon and I plan to play Festival of Blood for Halloween as well.   :)

What are you working on at the moment?

Well I'm grinding out kills in Space Marine, for the 40k kill trophy so that's going slowly. I'm also playing Dragon's Crown a lot, hoping to finish that game as maybe my 62nd or 63rd platinum. I was working on Dragon Age 2, but I need a bit of a break from that game, before I do my Pro-Templar playthrough. I've also almost beaten Surgeon Simulator, only 4 trophies to go. I'm very close to a bunch of other platinums, it's just picking a game and sticking with it, that's the tricky part ^^;

• Like 1

Well I'm grinding out kills in Space Marine, for the 40k kill trophy so that's going slowly. I'm also playing Dragon's Crown a lot, hoping to finish that game as maybe my 62nd or 63rd platinum. I was working on Dragon Age 2, but I need a bit of a break from that game, before I do my Pro-Templar playthrough. I've also almost beaten Surgeon Simulator, only 4 trophies to go. I'm very close to a bunch of other platinums, it's just picking a game and sticking with it, that's the tricky part ^^;

Wow very nice, I am the opposite I tend to only play one game at a time and won't swap until it's finished unless it's a long/boring grind them I might stop and play something in between. I am just about to start Dragon Age Inquisition tonight, aiming it to be  :platinum: #90 :)

:o  Very cool and interesting layout you got here Mr Langy.. from top to bottom, especially the top part! ;) I also like how you actually included the trophy level milestone section.. That's cool and it's cool to see what games and trophies got you to certain levels. This is the first time I've seen that!

Some advice though (for your awesome layout)- I have a identical layout for my platinum wall on my profile. Before finalizing it, I played around with it a bit. I noticed yours is how I once had mine while I was working on it. I strongly recommend double spacing for each row. It'd look better that way imo ^_^

Enjoyed the sight! Keep up the trophy hunting! I've always seen you as a vague rival  :blush:

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

:o  Very cool and interesting layout you got here Mr Langy.. from top to bottom, especially the top part! ;) I also like how you actually included the trophy level milestone section.. That's cool and it's cool to see what games and trophies got you to certain levels. This is the first time I've seen that!

Some advice though (for your awesome layout)- I have a identical layout for my platinum wall on my profile. Before finalizing it, I played around with it a bit. I noticed yours is how I once had mine while I was working on it. I strongly recommend double spacing for each row. It'd look better that way imo ^_^

Enjoyed the sight! Keep up the trophy hunting! I've always seen you as a vague rival  :blush:

Sorry just seen your post! Thanks, I'm just about to update my checklist now with my latest plat so I'll look into the double spacing, thanks for the advice! :)

And I here thinking you were 100% focused on Dragon Age   :P

Congratulations !

I'm making Dragon Age my 90th so just quickly finished Rocket League for 89 :)

I should have Dragon Age done by the end of the week if I have enough free time. I've finished the story on nightmare I just need to kill the 10 high dragons :)

• Like 1

I'm making Dragon Age my 90th so just quickly finished Rocket League for 89 :)

I should have Dragon Age done by the end of the week if I have enough free time. I've finished the story on nightmare I just need to kill the 10 high dragons :)

I've watched some gameplays on those Dragon hunts. It should be a calm and fun experience before the platinum  ^_^

Edited by Roster13
  • Like 1

Plat # 90

Dragon Age: Inquisition

1L8a3cbe.png

:platinum: Dragon Age™: Inquisition Platinum Trophy

Collect all the Dragon Age™: Inquisition trophies.

Easily one of the best games I've played this year. Everything in this game is fantastic from the visuals, the combat, the characters and an amazing soundtrack. I've only played Origins (still need to finish it) and not touched DAII but it wasn't a problem as the game was fully understandable just with some familiar faces you would only know if you've played a previous Dragon Age game. I played a knight enchanter mage which made nightmare an absolute cake walk as I didn't even die ONCE. Practically unlimited barrier (mainly due to fade shield) made me invincible mixed with fire mine and chaotic focus I could deal both high damage and keep my defense maxed.

The companions in DAI are awesome, there's not one I don't like. My main party consisted of "Blackwall" as tank, that guy is an absolute beast, rarely ever lost his guard. Dorian as my backup mage, I love this guy (no homo) the necromancer spec has some very nice abilities my final member was either Varric or Sera, depending on what I was doing. I needed one of them as a rogue to be able to open locked doors, Varric seemed to be able to take more of a beating but Sera has some of the best dialogue in the game, it takes a while to get used to her but pairing her up with Iron Bull makes a great comedy team. I would use the rest of the companions for their own quests or just for a bit of a change, I liked Cole and Iron Bull but they were far too squishy, Cassandra is great as well but on the later few missions she seemed to not hold things as well as Blackwall. I barely used Viv.

The dragon fights in this game was one of the best parts, my favorites were the Highland Ravager and the Abyssal High Dragon. I found Vinsomer in the Storm Coast to be the hardest. Easiest was the Northern Hunter in Crestwood. My favorite area was the Exalted Plains, great quests and fantastic views. Hardest mission was probably In Your Heart Shall Burn, loading the catapult in the end took some effort, I was low level and did not yet have  my knight enchanter spec. Everything after that I breezed through. The trophies in this game were very easy, I spent most my time just doing side quests and exploring the areas. Overall this is a fantastic game, with great visuals and mechanics. I'll be getting the DLC as soon as they go on sale. :)

• Like 1

New 100%

L5d4fad.png

Quite enjoyed this one, trickiest puzzle was the re-organizing of the Griffin, took me forever. I almost had a heart attack when I finished the game as my PS3 crashed just as the screen went to black, I heard a 1 trophy pop and then that was it. Luckily when I restarted my save was on the last section ,just needed to pull lever to see cutscene again and I got my final trophies :)

New 100%

Ldee274.png

Another easy puzzle game, enjoyed this one a lot more than weird park, very easy, hardest puzzle was the arranging of the archer, axeman and warrior. Rest caused no problems at all :)

• Like 1

New 100%

Ldee274.png

Another easy puzzle game, enjoyed this one a lot more than weird park, very easy, hardest puzzle was the arranging of the archer, axeman and warrior. Rest caused no problems at all :)

I feel like now that you got the Special platinum ( Dragon Age ) out of the way, the easy 100% games will just starting popping in all the time :P

Congratulations on your new platinum and 100% games :)

• Like 1

I feel like now that you got the Special platinum ( Dragon Age ) out of the way, the easy 100% games will just starting popping in all the time :P

Congratulations on your new platinum and 100% games :)

Thanks Roster!

+ Yea pretty much, after that longish plat I want some quick completions. I should have Deep Black & Broken Age plat by end of week :)

• Like 1

DLC Completed

L5af67f.png

Picked this up from the DLC sale, managed to pick the trophies pretty quickly, I like the new items and the scarab is a nice car. Trophies were easier than i thought they would be. Mutators made the unfair bot match a lot easier though :)

Plat # 91

Deep Black

1L6953df.png

:platinum: Deep Black 

Deep Black Platinum.

Bought this on the sale a month ago, completely regret spending money on this garbage. The multiplayer trophies while are easy with a boosting partner, the servers however are utter shite. Random kicks and lots of lag. While the campaign did have a few fun parts the majority of it was awful. Crap level design, lame voice acting, story was completely uninteresting and the mechanics are clunky as hell. The game dragged a lot as well. Overall I would strongly advise against buying this trash, easily one of the worst games I've ever played.  :(

Plat # 92

Broken Age

1Laf72a5.png

:platinum: 3.3 

Unlock all Broken Age Trophies.

6.44% Very rare

One of the best adventure games I've played. The art style is beautiful, the story is really good and completely unique (ending to act 1 had my jaw dropped) and there is some amazing voice actors in this game. At first sight the trophies are intimidating due to she sheer amount of missables but if you break them down act by act they're not too bad. The 1 hour speed run is also very easy as long as you skip all cut scenes, I finished with a time of 53 minutes :) I couldn't of done it though without zadorvp's amazing guide

In conclusion, I had the day off work today and spent all day playing Broken Age. No regrets at all!

• Like 1