Langy's Lair of Trophies!

R25CCE

Plat # 42

Grid 2

1L965be5.png

:platinum: Every Trophy Counts

You unlocked all the other trophies.

It's been a long time since I've played a racing simulator game so I was a bit hesitant to start this game at first. However I managed to pick it up quite easily the first few tiers of cars were great fun a good mix of speed and handling. However when I got to season 4 things got a lot trickier, the speed of the cars you have to use increased significantly to the point where they are too powerful, the AI also gets very aggressive which was the most annoying as they could knock you all over the track yet you can barely budge them. I persevered and managed to knock out career without too much trouble it was mainly the faceoff's in season 4 what took some doing. The misc trophies were not as bad as I was expecting them to be apart from one which I thought was going to be the easiest and that was winning a race without flashbacks on the hardest difficulty this must of took me a good 15-20 attempts. However the drift trophies and the speed lap trophies such as gone in 60 seconds were very doable. I've pretty much memorized and mastered Wabash Run! The online was fun but the connection was slightly glitchy. My favorite car was the Volkswagen Golf R due to it's excellent handling and my favorite event is the Elimination. Overall a very fun racing game that requires a little bit of skill and has also got me hyped for Driveclub! ( P.S I love the platinum trophy title)

P.S.S I know this plat doesn't show up on my profile yet but that's due to being unable to update our profiles for maintenance. The plat will show up later :)

• 2 weeks later...

#43 Watch_Dogs (PS4)

1Lb227ac.png

:platinum: 100% Clear

Well what can I say for this game. It's definitely worth a play as the game is enjoyable but don't expect to be blown away. Yes the hacking is a new unique mechanic that is different and interesting to use but it is very limited. The online is also pretty cool being able to sneak into other peoples games but the game in general is mediocre in my opinion. Last year this was my most anticipated game, it looked fantastic at E3 and so much fun. But when you play it the drop dead gorgeous graphics from E3 are not there and the story/gameplay is pretty dull. One minor mechanic in the game what annoyed me quite often was that even when you perform take downs on vehicles while in a chase (which is pretty fun btw) it seems that every NPC can survive a devastating car crash as you have to exit the vehicle and take him down in melee EVERY time. What made this so annoying is usually the guy you are chasing will have back up friends who are on your tail, so when you go after the guy on foot after he has survived a huge crash you will get gunned down by his friends. Overall it's worth playing as the hacking is different but it's no GOTY.

New Plat!

1L6b2769.png

:platinum: Trophy Addict

Hotline Miami

I've held off playing this for game for sometime as I was awaiting the PS4 release before I play it, I've heard plenty of good things about it especially from some of my friends. It took a while for me to get into it. You really need to know the level layouts and enemy patterns to do well and have fun in this game because otherwise you are going to die A LOT! You could do a perfect run getting big combos and high points to then die on the final enemy. Thankfully the loading respawn is practically instant so it dying isn't all that bad most of the time. I was worried about the A+ all levels trophy at first but once you get the understanding of how the point system works( e.g you get more points for letting your enemy see you) the A+ isn't too bad, I only had trouble with 1-2 levels. The Carl mask works like a charm as his drill executions rack up loads of points. The mask system is very interesting in this game and it's great to try out different masks as they will all help you in some way ( or hinder you *cough Nigel the Bat cough*) The story in this game is pretty dull, I didn't really pay attention after so long as it just wasn't interesting at all. But that's due to the game being more about the gameplay then story. However the soundtrack to this game is probably one of the best I've ever heard, it's so catchy, my favorite is "Hydrogen" on level 3. If you haven't already you should definitely try this game as there is lots of fun to be had, even if it does get frustrating at times.

New Plat!

1L5e96f1.png

:platinum: Noble Achievement

inFamous First Light

To say this is just a small standalone game, this title is probably one of the best on the PS4 at the moment. For the price tag there is a fair amount of content, I would even go to far as say just as much as Second Son! I had so much fun playing this game and I had no problems what so ever. It is very well polished, interesting story and characters and the gameplay is very fun. Fetch's neon powers are a lot better than Delsins especially the homing missiles and neon speed. The challenges were not too taxing and the battle arenas were very enjoyable and I hope we see them in future infamous installments. Speaking of future installments, it will be interesting to see if Sucker Punch make a standalone following Eugenes story and expansion of the Video powers. I would recommend this game to anyone who owns a PS4 as it's definitely a must have title even if you haven't played Second Son.

Checklist Updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Plat # 46

Murdered Soul Suspect

1L09924a.png

:platinum: Moving On

Collected every trophy in the game

I've been interested in this game for awhile now and I've only just decided to pick it up. I actually really enjoyed playing it and I don't think it deserves the amount of hate it gets. It is a unique experience and a nice change of pace. The collectibles aren't too tricky to find and the story is interesting. Overall I have very little negative things to say about this game as it's just an enjoyable game. My only pet peeve about this game which I kind wish they didn't bother with at all is the whole Demon combat mechanic. It gets very repetitive and seems tacked onto to the rest of the nature of the game. But apart from that I loved solving crime scenes and learning about the back story.

Plat # 47

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (Vita)

1L66eed4.png

:platinum: All-Star Legend - You've Only Done Everything

You have successfully earned all other trophies in the game. Congratulations!

I originally got the plat with this game on the PS3 back in Feb 2013 but I have only just recently purchased my vita so I thought I mind as well get this game done seem as the online will be busy due to it just being on PS+. This game is A LOT better on the Vita than the PS3. The visuals look great and the gameplay is really fun. This will deffinatly be one of the games I continue to play on my Vita if I am bored and want a quick session of a game. Having said that though the game still needs a lot of improvement and I really hope they make a sequel. What they need to do is have a better roster of more characters related to the PlayStation brand. ( Don't get me wrong playing as Big Daddy is a lot of fun, but if anything he is more of a Xbox All Star due to the first game being a temporary exclusive to that console.) They also need to rework on the game itself. Supers are fun but they get repetitive, it shouldn't be the only way to kill an opponent. Overall this game is a whole lot more fun on the Vita and putting a side it's much needed improvements the game is still fun and deserves a sequel with a proper budget and a decent roster.

Plat # 48

Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes (Vita)

1L47212f.png

:platinum: Complete Hero

Collect all trophies

I've not played a Lego game in a long time and it is great to see how far they have advanced from there early games. I had a lot of fun in this game and I could barely tell it is a DS port. There are a wide range of characters to use from the DC universe, this game did feel more of a Justice League game rather than a Batman game, but there is nothing wrong with that. The Justice League Mode bonus missions were perhaps the hardest part of the game. They took no more than 2 attempts though as all it requires is knowledge of the characters and waves. Theres nothing more I can say as it is a very simple yet enjoyable game and I loved playing it.

Plat # 49

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Vita)

1L824eaf.png

:platinum: All Finished!

Acquire all trophies.

Again another Lego platinum on the vita. I enjoyed this one just as much as Lego Batman if not more. Collectibles were easy to find and the levels were enjoyable. Most boring part was clearing all of the Duel Club which was very repetitive and boring. I made sure I got hold of the stud multipliers as early as possible so I would have enough money in the end to purchase all characters/extras etc. That worked out very well as I had 300mil+ studs by the end and it only took 100mil to buy everything :) Overall a short and enjoyable game if you are a fan of lego games or the Harry Potter world. Speaking of which, this game has made me want to re-watch the movies xD

Plat # 50

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

1L676377.png

:platinum: Master of Mordor

One has walked in Mordor.

My greatest milestone so far and my most anticipated game this year is well worthy choice for my 50th platinum. I've had so much fun playing this game and it definitely lived up to my expectations ( although a little shorter than I imagined but still plenty of content). The story was a little meh but it's the gameplay mechanics and combat what make this game shine. The combat and platforming is incredibly fluid and it will never let you down. There are so many abilities at your disposal the fights do not get repetitive. The nemesis system is truly innovative and very deep. My main nemesis throughout my game was an orc called Mormog Black-rat he is dead now but boy he was one tough orc. He would just not die, I think I defeated him 4-5 times but he still came back and hunt me down. He also killed me just as much as I did him which meant he got to power level 20. I did manage to finally kill him eventually, I assaulted a fortress and little did I know he was in there. After slaying all the other orcs it was just me and him. He didn't leave that fortress that night and that was the last I saw of him :)

This was just one orc captain and it just shows how random and different this game is. Like I said the story in this game is mediocre ( especially the boss fights, the final boss is just 3 QTE's, pathetic) but the sandbox free roam gameplay is one of the best I've ever played. I really hope this becomes a franchise as there is so much potential and the LOTR universe and lore gives them plenty of room for additional games. I'm almost certain there will be at least another one due to the obvious sequel-bait in the ending. 

In conclusion, so far this is my personal GOTY it will be interesting to see if any other games will top it for me before the year is out. Fantastic game, easy platinum!

Now the road to 100 begins! :D

7QMR44f.jpg?1

• Like 4

I don't know how many plats you had when you started this list but I wouldn't call your collection small dude, very impressive!! Here's to a hell of a lot more. Congrats on the recent plat, cant wait to try Mordor myself!!

Hey thanks freddie:) Yea I should probably take that part out lol, when I started the checklist I just earned my 15th platinum I think so it's definitely grown since then. Mordor is fantastic, incredibly fun gameplay, don't go expecting much from the story though. :)

Plat # 51

Dust: An Elysian Tail

1L52e1f2.png

:platinum: Mithrarin

Awakening

The fact that one guy made this is very impressive, the art style is beautiful and the combat is polished and fun. It was a fun enjoyable platforming/RPG experience with only a few slight annoyances in several levels and the trials. Once you acquire better gear and level up to upgrade your stats you can plow through most enemies easily. The aerial dust storm and Fidgets electric projectile combo is very deadly and extremely useful. Story wise it's okay I guess, the main character Dust is quite annoying but that's probably down to the voice acting which I wasn't very keen on. I loved the rescuing of hidden characters from other indie game series such as Fez and Spelunky. 

A bit late but congrats on 50 plats

Congrats on 50 and your latest plat :) I am playing through that game now at the moment

Also that screen capture for Shadow of Mordor is so damn awesome! Perfect timing :lol:

+ Yes an awesome screenshot for an awesome game! ;D

• 1 month later...

Platinum #52

L35e87c.png

1L712fc0.png

:platinum: The Walking Dead 

Earn all trophies in: "The Walking Dead"

The Walking Dead Season 1 (Ps4)

Been meaning to play this game for awhile now, I took advantage of a recent sale and picked up both Season 1 & 2. Wonderful game to play, great narrative and lots of decision making. I'll be replaying this on the PS3 soon and will make opposite decisions so it will feel like i'm playing a different game :D They could of put more effort in the platinum image though as the rest of the trophies in this game look very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Plat # 53

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Vita)

1L20e3c2.png

:platinum: None More Wanted

Awarded for successfully collecting all Most Wanted trophies

I haven't played a Need for Speed game since Carbon on the PS2. This game is both fun and frustrating at the same time so my experience with this game is hard to explain because I did have fun with it but there are many parts that made me want to snap my vita in half! Most notably of course is the Needlepoint speedrun. The problem with this event and many other events in this game is that there can be so much bullshit that randomly happens that can screw you out of winning, this game tries to be Burnout Paradise but fails unfortunately. Having said all that though I did enjoy playing it and it's only a few events that drive you insane, collectibles were easy to find and the MP was a piece of cake. Though be warned if you have over 100 friends on PSN the takedown a friend trophy will not pop, I had to delete a few to get it.

16 platinums in common as well as 10 platinums I will be getting in the future. We obviously both have great taste in games :yay:

What are the 10 platinum you will be getting in the future?

Discounting possibly different platforms, Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Resogun, Mercenary Kings, PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, Watch Dogs, Hotline Miami, inFamous First Light, Dust: An Elysian Tale and Saints Row: The Third.

Nice, good luck on all of those :)