Langy's Lair of Trophies!

R25CCE

Nice checklist man. I like the layout. makes it easy to view all that you have accomplished. Congrats on all of those plats and 100%. Some of those I hope I can get this year.

Thank you! This layout makes it easier to edit as well  xD  Good luck to you on those plats & 100%!

Plat # 54

Assassins Creed Unity

1L04fa8e.png

:platinum: Master Assassin 

Earn every Trophy.

Alright I can tell this is going to be a long piece of text. I played this game after numerous patches so I have not experienced how glitchy the game was before however I can still see that it is far from perfect. It's a real shame the game is not polished because Unity is Ubisofts most innovative game so far. It adds a bunch of features that have been missing and needed in AC games. However the numerous amounts of bugs and glitches ruin the experience. This game needed a few more months of polishing up and it would of been the best AC but unfortunately the glitchs ruin this otherwise fantastic experience. I'm going to split this up now into several parts about the different features of Unity that are for the most part very good but the glitches ruin them.

Co-op - This is a feature that I've been looking forward to most for the AC franchise. It is a lot of fun if you have good teammates . Apart from the glitchy loading ( My PS4 froze up at one point and I was unable to close the game or turn off my PS4, holding the PS4 power button fixed that luckily.) co-op works and I am looking forward to the new missions in the upcoming DLC.

Combat-As you may know AC combat in the recent installments has been incredibly easy, you are able to kill entire armies without even breaking a sweat. In AC Unity combat has been changed to be more difficult, now yes it is more difficult as you can't take on an entire army but with the right gear equipped it is still very easy, you can still counter enemy attacks and be unstoppable it's just slightly harder to do, the only real challenge to it now is enemies with guns as pretty much every enemy has one and will pull it out if you are even fairly out of range, it adds to the difficulty but it is cheap and the game overall is still very easy, this game claims to be more stealth focused but with right gear you can easily run into a building and kill everyone open conflict easily. They are heading in the right direction but the combat is still easy as guns are your only real threat, I personally believe Shadow of Mordor got combat right, not repetitive and it's at the right difficulty. My main pet peeve though with combat is the glitches. These are the things that make combat annoying, sometimes Arno just does not listen to you, you can counter or block at the right time and he will just stand they like a tool this seems to happen often when using smoke bombs.

Parkour- Unity brings a much needed feature and that is the controlled decent, this makes it easier to climb down from buildings and is brilliant when it work, however climbing up or across buildings is very clunky and is sometimes difficult to go where you actually want to go, this most notably happens with buildings, pressing L2 is supposed to make Arno enter through the window, most of the time it takes 3-4 times of pressing L2 till he actually decides to go through the window, this makes  climbing in and out buildings feel like a chore.  Theres also a lot of clutter on the ground such as stools which for some reason you cannot climb over making it not fluid at all.They almost got parkour right in this game, controlled descent works brilliantly but the clunkiness of the rest is sometimes hard to put up with.

Characters/Story/World- This is one thing I felt they didn't too bad on, the world is beautiful and there is a lot of content to do, the murder mysteries and paris stories are very interesting and the characters are not the worst I've seen either. The story is average and adds nothing to the overall plot of the AC games (though I know it does link with AC Rogue).

Trophies- Your typical Assassins Creed list very easy. Optional objectives have been greatly improved, you can actually play the mission how you want to play it now and you do not have to get all objectives in one run. The co-op mode is fun and helix rifts are very unique. No MP trophies made this list even better. My only annoyance was the collectables, you must collect a total of 294 chests, there is no need for this amount of chests especially as the majority of them are locked and require lockpicking which gets boring after the 100th chest. I would of rather had a trophy to just do half of the chests and instead have a trophy to finish all murder mysteries and paris stories.

Overall I've tried not to be too negative about the game as it is a step in the right direction is regard to features for AC games, they just need to spend more time polishing it up and less time working on a companion app. Micro transactions in this game are done right as I didn't spend a single penny and managed to get everything I needed, they do not pop up or bother you. The flexibility of the missions makes everything more interesting as there are several ways you can go about finishing a mission and there are rarely any instant failures as the mission will adapt to your actions. This game would of been a lot more fun if it weren't for the many bugs. Let's hope Ubisoft learnt a lot from this game and AC Victory will be the best of the series.

TLDR- A step in the right direction for the AC franchise, much needed features included just needs better execution and polishing of bugs.

New 100%

L7b0a1f.png

Boy that was rough, but I also had a lot of fun! MP trophies only took an hour by self boosting with my PS3 and PS Vita. The game was a lot longer then I imagined, 7 campaigns each with 7-9 levels. It's nice to experience a game without the game holding your hand every step, I enjoyed exploring every corner and door to find extra supplies or to progress further in the level.  But I am glad it is over :)

See you in hell!

Checklist updated.

Plat # 55

The Wolf Among Us (PS4)

1Lca3c1e.png

:platinum: Full Moon  

Earned every Trophy in every episode of The Wolf Among Us.

Another masterpiece by Telltale. I think I actually like this one EVEN more than TWD, but they are both fantastic games. The art style is beautiful and the characters are varied and interesting. The whole Fable universe I think is absolutely genius, kudos to Bill Willingham for creating such a fascinating world. I am very tempted to read a few of the comic book series. The main character Bigby the big bad wolf is very likable and cool as fuck! My Bigby was just and fair but if you provoke him them don't go crying when he unleashes the beast! The ending chucked a lot of information at you all at once and is difficult to get your head around what was said but it will be interesting to see what they do with Season 2, just a shame we wont see it till 2016:/

New 100%

Ld3a634.png

Calming atmosphere and a decent soundtrack. Puzzles are fairly easy to work out but the hidden terminals for the trophies are extremely well hidden and I would of never of found them without a guide. Story in this game though wasn't totally interesting apart from the ending but the rest of the game is fine.

Checklist updated along with a new awesome banner made by the brilliantly talented Floriiss!

Edited by Langy900
  • Like 1

Plat # 56

Final Horizon

1Ld26e6f.png

:platinum: The Destroyer of Worlds   

Unlock all the other trophies

A short fun little tower defense game. This game is easy to master and very fun to play. Variety of towers to use. I bought the Dark Galaxy DLC as well as it was only £1.99. Only a few levels were difficult to get secondary objectives on but overall a pretty easy plat.

• Like 1

Plat # 56

Final Horizon

1Ld26e6f.png

:platinum: The Destroyer of Worlds  

Unlock all the other trophies

A short fun little tower defense game. This game is easy to master and very fun to play. Variety of towers to use. I bought the Dark Galaxy DLC as well as it was only £1.99. Only a few levels were difficult to get secondary objectives on but overall a pretty easy plat.

Good job on your new  :platinum:

• Like 1

L50998e.png

Just completed the Dead Kings DLC for AC:Unity. I can't really complain too much as it is free content, but THANK GOD it is free. This thing is even buggier than the main game! At least the main story was a little more interesting and actually gave some clues as to where we might be going in the future with the franchise.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 57

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS4)

1Lf8b33e.png

:platinum: Fundead Legionnaire    

Unlock all Trophies

This game is a lot of fun but there's not much content so the game feel very repetitive. The classes are varied and all have their strengths and weaknesses. I enjoyed all the classes but I enjoyed the Sunflower, Power Cactus, Foot Soldier and Goalie Star the most. Gardens & Graveyards is the best mode as it feels like true garden warfare, although it heavily relies on good teammates if you are on plant team. Garden Ops is also fun and reminds me of the good times I had with Dungeon Defenders one of my favorite games. Crazy difficulty isn't that hard either, managed to get it with randoms. Pretty easy trophy list to say they are all online trophies, star challenges are easy to come by so getting to Rank 50 isn't too taxing. Two trophies require you to kill 100 of each class, the only thing what makes these trophies annoying is there is no way to track your kills so you do not know which classes to focus on. Overall a very fun shooter that thankfully has a mute button as you will come across your fair share of 8 year olds. It just needs more content to keep the game fresh. A solo campaign would be cool if they did a sequel as well as more classes ( Where the hell is the Squash in this game?)

SPUDOW!

Plat # 57

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS4)

1Lf8b33e.png

:platinum: Fundead Legionnaire    

Unlock all Trophies

This game is a lot of fun but there's not much content so the game feel very repetitive. The classes are varied and all have their strengths and weaknesses. I enjoyed all the classes but I enjoyed the Sunflower, Power Cactus, Foot Soldier and Goalie Star the most. Gardens & Graveyards is the best mode as it feels like true garden warfare, although it heavily relies on good teammates if you are on plant team. Garden Ops is also fun and reminds me of the good times I had with Dungeon Defenders one of my favorite games. Crazy difficulty isn't that hard either, managed to get it with randoms. Pretty easy trophy list to say they are all online trophies, star challenges are easy to come by so getting to Rank 50 isn't too taxing. Two trophies require you to kill 100 of each class, the only thing what makes these trophies annoying is there is no way to track your kills so you do not know which classes to focus on. Overall a very fun shooter that thankfully has a mute button as you will come across your fair share of 8 year olds. It just needs more content to keep the game fresh. A solo campaign would be cool if they did a sequel as well as more classes ( Where the hell is the Squash in this game?)

SPUDOW!

congrat with your new plat  :) what next plat? 

• Like 1