Langy's Lair of Trophies!

R25CCE

Nice list

When you get the chance try out Dmc:devil may cry its a good game

Congrats on AC:IV ,heavy rain and watch dogs very time consuming platinums

Thanks!

I do have DMC (Thanks to PS+) but I rarely play on my Ps3 nowadays so I probably wont get round to it for a long time. I might get the definitive edition that's coming to PS4 soon though:)

Just come to this site, saw this topic on the main page and recognised your name from my freinds list, I believe I added you for Pixeljunk Shooter boosting.

You have a pretty awesome trophy list, a few plats there I'd like to have. You also seem to have a larger backlog than me, which I wasn't sure was even possible.

Just come to this site, saw this topic on the main page and recognised your name from my freinds list, I believe I added you for Pixeljunk Shooter boosting.

You have a pretty awesome trophy list, a few plats there I'd like to have. You also seem to have a larger backlog than me, which I wasn't sure was even possible.

Hey, thanks. Yea I think it was PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate but not 100% sure. 

I will probably never play some of those games in my backlog as the majority are all PS+ games anyway. But I they are there if I decide to play them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 58

Uncharted Golden Abyss

1L47ee8e.png

:platinum: Platinum     

Collect all other 55 Trophies for this Trophy.

I've never played an Uncharted game, I've watched my friend play some of the 2nd and 3rd one but never actually played one myself. Nevertheless I knew what Uncharted was all about and I was getting into and I gotta say this is by far one of the best vita games for the system. The graphics are drop dead gorgeous, better than some PS3 games imo. The story is easy to follow to say I haven't played any of the other games and it was enjoyable. This game has a lot of gimmicks that show off the many features of the vita such as the touchpad and camera but they were done well and fit quite well into the game. Crushing was very easy and I had no issues, only the QTE fight with Dante took a few tries. Trophy wise this game has a lot of collectibles but they work well with the whole treasure hunter theme. I heard many stories about the infamous bounties in this game but  I had an easy time getting them, farming enemies on crushing is much easier then using the 'Near' app. Overall I had a fantastic time with this game and I am so glad I played it, I'd love to play through the original trilogy If ever get the chance.

Plat # 59

Jak 3

1Le0a5a5.png

:platinum: Fait Accompli      

For Stamina and Time On Your Hands and an insatiable need for completion.

Finally finished the Jak trilogy. This was a lot better than Jak II but it still had it's annoying moments mainly in the first half of the game. The second half overall was a lot better. There are a lot more checkpoints and I love the new eco powers especially the light eco health regeneration and jak flight. Driving on this game is a lot better as there is less traffic, the Dune Jumper was my favorite vehicle. Final boss was easy but the first phase on the driving section took a few attempts. Out of all three games in the Jak trilogy from best to worse I order them:

Jak & Daxter: Precursor Legacy

Jak 3.

Jak 2. 

Jak 3 did fix a lot of the issues in Jak II but I had the most fun in the first game. I won't be playing the trilogy on the vita (especially Jak II) as some of the frustrating/annoying sections will be 10x worse on the vita and I don't want to snap my vita in half  xD .

If ND ever do make a Jak 4. It needs to either go back to it's roots like Jak 1 or become a more Third person shooter game like Uncharted. ( With Cover and Platforming)

Plat # 60

Clannad

1Lbd5695.png

:platinum: Complete    

Earn all trophies

This is my first time playing a visual novel. I can't read Japanese so this was more like a puzzle game with me deciphering the symbols to know which choices to make, which was a game in itself:) The main reason I played this was because it was free on the Japan PS+ for Feb and I needed a platinum beginning with C (Because unfortunately my only Call of Duty game is Modern Warfare 3 and that is listed as a 'M' plat, damn you PSN with your missing continuity!) The soundtrack was relaxing and the game was very user friendly to say it's all in a foreign language. I didn't have a clue what the story was about though! Something about a school, a baseball match, a violin and this hamster thing what looks like Swinub from Pokemon.

Botan_Ftw.JPG=swinub_by_lumesr-d5d7wem.png

Edited by Langy900
  • Like 1

Good job on your new plats!!!

Thanks!

Good job on #60.

Keep it going, any plans for your next one?

Thanks!

Thinking of starting Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita) tomorrow. Can probably knock that out this weekend. + Then I might get started on Apothoen next week :)

• Like 2

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thinking of starting Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita) tomorrow. Can probably knock that out this weekend. + Then I might get started on Apothoen next week :)

Well good luck, I think I'll start Apothoen sometime next week also, close to 100 now. :)

You won't be far behind. :D

• Like 1

Well good luck, I think I'll start Apothoen sometime next week also, close to 100 now. :)

You won't be far behind. :D

Good luck to you as well!

I'd love to have 100 platinums by the end of the year but not too sure if I can manage it. 

Plat # 61

Lego The Lord of the Rings (VITA)

1La1fbfb.png

:platinum: One Ring to build them all

Obtain all other Trophies.

I quite enjoyed my two previous Vita Lego titles (Batman 2 & HP 5-7). Despite them being DS ports, therefore I was expecting the same enjoyment from this title, however it was not the case. It was incredibly boring because of short levels, not enough levels, crappy combat and very buggy. Still had that classic Lego game humor though so it made me laugh at least :) Easy collectibles and there was no need to stud grind needed as the stud multipliers rack in loads of cash to spend :)

Edited by Langy900
  • Like 1

Plat # 61

Lego The Lord of the Rings (VITA)

1La1fbfb.png

:platinum: One Ring to build them all

Obtain all other Trophies.

I quite enjoyed my two previous Vita Lego titles (Batman 2 & HP 5-7). Despite them being DS ports, therefore I was expecting the same enjoyment from this title, however it was not the case. It was incredibly boring because of short levels, not enough levels, crappy combat and very buggy. Still had that classic Lego game humor though so it made me laugh at least :) Easy collectibles and there was no need to stud grind needed as the stud multipliers rack in loads of cash to spend :)

Good job on your new plat Langy!!! I love to play Lego games i looking for it for 2 new Lego games :)

• Like 1

New 100%

1549958.png

I wasn't too keen on this game when I started it but it grew on me after every level. The puzzles were not too difficult and I liked the idea of creating different species with a variety of liquids and seeds. The gameplay is rather clunky though, I suffered numerous frame rate issues during sections with many fluros on screen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 63

Apotheon

1L6ed4d9.png

:platinum: Omnipotence

Unlock all other Trophies

Beautiful art style, interesting mechanics with boss battles but has clunky controls and suffers frequent crashes. 

• Like 1

New 100%

L2e6801.png

A cute, simple platformer that is very relaxing and fairly straightforward. Collectibles are right in the open and I had no problems with any of the levels.

Plat # 64

Deadly Premonition: The Directors Cut

1L5a578e.png

:platinum: Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut Platinum Trophy 

Zach, it's over, all finished.
It's time for you to leave town. 
Are you ready to go?

WTF! This game is one of the creepiest games I've ever played, the setting, the characters all creepy! There is a lot of dry humor that will leave you in stitches! It's a game that's soo bad it's good. The controls are awful, the graphics are terrible but the story is so engrossing! Although I have to admit you can kinda see most of where the plot is going as it is quite obvious but there is still some twists that keep you on your toes. I loved the soundtrack, there can be a serious scene and then jazzy music will play in the background, hilarious! I wont go into too much of the story. But the combat is laughable, I think I only died twice in the whole game but that was at the beginning when I was still getting used to the controls. Side quests are fun and add more depth to the story. Overall despite it's terrible controls/graphics ( This would of been the best PS2 game)  the game is good enough with it's story and characters that you will keep on playing and it's definitely worth experiencing. I hope there's a sequel!

• Like 1

#65  Trine 2

1La41642.png

:platinum: Trine 2 hard

Earn all Trophies in Trine 2

Only needed to get to Chapter 7 to get the plat, An easy fun game. I love the use of three different characters with their strengths and weaknesses to progress through the levels. I may finish the rest of the game off at some point but I might just save that for when I get round to playing Trine 2:Complete Story.

New 100%

L1ef284.png

Meh.

• Like 1

New 100%

L15bf55.png

This brought back memories at the arcade! Still a very good racer and tons of fun with a fair amount of content. Easy 100% and a lot of fun!

Edited by Langy900

Plat # 66

[Prototype 2]

1L7ddf96.png

:platinum: Platinum Trophy

Unlock all Trophies.

This game is miles better than the first game! It has everything the first game has but it's all improved, good mechanics, good controls and decent graphics. This game is just simply fun! The story is lackluster and forgettable and the characters are boring but you can create so much chaos and destruction and just have fun. The game is very easy especially with a fully upgraded Heller it makes Hard Mode a piece of cake. Power wise I mainly used Tendrils and Blade for the most part and the whipfist. Rarely used claws apart form the start and hammerfist was good for final boss. Overall a very enjoyable game that is very fun and a lot better then it's predecessor. 

Plat # 67

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

1Lb27bd0.png

:platinum: Perfectionist

Collect all possible in-game trophies.

We cracked the case Holmes! A fun puzzle/mystery game that isn't the most thrilling game I've played but interesting enough to keep you entertained. The frame rate was a bit poor on the PS3 version. My favorite cases were the Kew Gardens Drama and the Blood Bath. Sherlock Holmes is full of dry humor which surprised me and the platinum was 'elementary, my dear Watson'.

• Like 1