Langy's Lair of Trophies!

R25CCE

Yup, the Paranormal Pursuit one is a direct "sequel" where you get to play as the male FBI agent (Eric Hunt) from the main game instead as he goes after another person with powers. The other games have these too and they are either prequels or sequels depending on the game.

Well, these ones I enjoyed and you haven't played yet (leaving out the Telltale ones, Mountain Crime, and Snark Busters since you said you have them):

• Adam's Venture: Chronicles (adventure game like Syberia, but is Christianity-themed. However, it's not preachy about it and doesn't take the religion parts too seriously)
  • Broken Age (adventure game like Syberia, has a platinum)
  • Broken Sword 5 - Episodes 1 & 2 (adventure games like Syberia)
  • Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle (adventure game like Syberia)
  • Forest Legends: The Call of Love (hidden object game from Alawar)
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (adventure game like Syberia, has a platinum)
  • Jacob Jones (adventure game... kind of?)
  • Machinarium (puzzle/adventure game, fairly short)
  • Monkey Island 1 & 2 Special Editions (not by Telltale, so wasn't sure if you had them)
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles (adventure/hidden object game)
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All (sequel to the above)
  • The Raven (adventure game)
  • Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign (hidden object game)

Ones I sadly wouldn't recommend:

• CSI & NCIS (I liked them, but not everyone will so I'm putting them here)
  • Ether One (glitchy and the framerate can drop really low, even with patches)
  • Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (you kind of need a second player for this and it also has no story like the Alawar games)
  • Syberia 2 (the speedrun trophy is buggy/glitched)

Ones I haven't played:

• Dream Chronicles (kind of a hidden object game, but also kind of different; it's also delisted entirely on the PSN stores, but US region accounts can get download codes for it from Amazon)

Don't really fit what you were asking, but listing them anyways since they involve puzzles/adventuring:

• Stacking
  • The Cave

Wow, I didn't realize there was so many on PSN. I've only heard fo a few of those. I have Ether One due to PS+, I've heard it's really glitchy but I will probably give it a go anyway. I plan on getting Grim Fandango as well just waiting for it to go on sale.

Thanks for the list, appreciate it :)

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize there was so many on PSN. I've only heard fo a few of those. I have Ether One due to PS+, I've heard it's really glitchy but I will probably give it a go anyway. I plan on getting Grim Fandango as well just waiting for it to go on sale.

Thanks for the list, appreciate it :)

And more are on the way :P Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and Pneuma: Breath of Life are both coming according to the PEGI rating system.

I enjoyed Ether One, but I've seen people hate it due to its current issues :)

I also forgot about at least one hidden object game: Judge Dee: The City God Case. It is only available on the US and UK PSN Stores, so I don't have it, but you can access it with your UK account.

• Like 1

New 100%

L75f354.png

Monsterbag

This game is a lot of fun on the earlier stages but Stage 15 (Laser Technician Trophy) was very frustrating and had 0 margin for error. Apart from that really good game :)

New 100%

L1f249a.png

Not the best HOS game I've played but still worth playing. This game probably had some of the hardest puzzles I've seen in these types of games especially the mannequin puzzle which took me an entire 2 hours to complete!

Also, now trophy level 25! :dance: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 73

Ether One

1L33acbe.png

:platinum: Validation

Excellent Work Restorer.

I actually had a lot of fun playing this game, I must of been very lucky as I suffered 0 glitches/bugs, no crashes, freezes nothing. Very pleasant experience even though it was slightly repetitive. Very easy plat :)

Edited by Langy900
  • Like 1

Plat # 73

Ether One

1L33acbe.png

Excellent Work Restorer.

I actually had a lot of fun playing this game, I must of been very lucky as I suffered 0 glitches/bugs, no crashes, freezes nothing. Very pleasant experience even though it was slightly repetitive. Very easy plat :)

Woop !! Congrats with your new plat Langy :)

• Like 1

Plat # 73

Ether One

1L33acbe.png

Excellent Work Restorer.

I'm glad you gave Ether One a chance and (even better!) enjoyed it ^^ Congratulations on the platinum!

• Like 1

just got new plat last night Battle Princess of Arcadias and after that The Walking Dead :( i'm not really fan off that game

Congrats! + Telltale Walking dead? That's surprising, many people including myself really enjoyed it, what don't you like about it?:)

I'm glad you gave Ether One a chance and (even better!) enjoyed it ^^ Congratulations on the platinum!

Thanks zadorvp! I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, although I did play with all patches, didn't crash once. Really enjoyable game :)

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 74

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected

1L87be96.png

:platinum: Kingpin

Unlock all Trophies in Saints Row IV: Re-elected.

I've always been a big fan of the Saints Row franchise though of course the past two additions (especially IV) are very different and over the top compared to the first two. But that's not a bad thing the over the top action makes very fun gameplay and this game is by far one of the funniest games I've ever played from the intro to the final scene. They had some hilarious songs thrown in there and the radio soundtracks had some good tunes as well. My main issue with the game was how short it was though i guess it's better to have better quality missions than too many 'go here, go there, kill this, kill that etc'

Overall this is an absolutely hilarious game and will keep you laughing throughout, it's a fun game and that's all that matters at the end of the day :)

• 2 weeks later...

Plat # 75

Grim Fandango Remastered

1L12c265.png

:platinum: Number Nine Ticket

Get all other trophies in the game.

I love these type of games and I've never played this one before so I got it as soon as it went on sale. It was an enjoyable experience with some great humor, trophies were all easy as they just required dialogue interactions. Fun game that's worth playing and I'll definitely be getting Day of the Tentacle when it's released :)

Congratulations on the Grim Fandango platinum ^^ It's a great game and I had fun replaying it yet another time (this time with trophies) :D

P.S. You should also consider Broken Age. It's also by Tim Schafer and it's on sale on the PSN store right now.

• Like 1

Plat # 76

Super Exploding Zoo!

1L08cccc.png

:platinum: Everything's Ruined

Complete Super Exploding Zoo.

I enjoyed this game quite a lot, fun gameplay, easy puzzles, short platinum. Would never of played this if it wasn't for plus :) Puzzles were easy to figure out, collectibles are out there in the open and I self boosted the online trophies with my vita. Definitely worth playing :)

Plat # 77

Phineas & Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension

1L729d3b.png

:platinum: Lifetime Accomplishment Award

Collect every trophy in the game.

Picked this up in the sale for £2, couldn't say no for that price. Loved the TV show when I was younger and this game had all the humor that I remember from watching the series. The game is actually a lot of fun especially in co-op with my younger brother I liked the variety of gadgets available and the levels were different enough so they weren't repetitive I especially enjoyed the jet pack levels. The mini-games however were the worst part of the game, I enjoyed the ski-ball and I got pretty good at it, but the crane game is awful. Very clunky and very slow. Apart from that I really enjoyed this game and it's definitely worth picking up if you like the tv show or want some fun co-op.

New 100%

L641954.png

This game is hilarious and very fun to play! I enjoyed the variety of bosses and the final boss was a piece of cake, didn't even lose any health. I wasn't much of a fan of the side missions though, thank god you don't need to complete all of them for 100%

New 100%

L156f6a.png

This is easily one of the most funnest games I have ever played! I honestly had so much fun from playing this cheap psn title compared to some big AAA blockbusters. The combat, the humor, the quests, the upgrading of gear is all top notch. This game is just a pleasure to play and I own the sequel as well so I can't wait to play that!

I would recommend this to ANYBODY! Especially if you like RPG's. I got this in a sale for around £2-£3 but I would of gladly played full price for it.

Yay, glad to see you liked it throughout :) There's actually two sequels, by the way. Thongs of Virtue and The Baconing.

Thanks zadorvp!

Yes I noticed there was two. I only bought the first two games though as the third wasn't on sale and I wasn't sure if I would even like the first two.

But if the 2nd game is just as good then I will definitely get The Baconing :D

Thanks zadorvp!

Yes I noticed there was two. I only bought the first two games though as the third wasn't on sale and I wasn't sure if I would even like the first two.

But if the 2nd game is just as good then I will definitely get The Baconing :D

I liked all three games a lot, but The Baconing does lack the involvement of Ron Gilbert.

• Like 1

Plat # 78

Wonderbook: Book of Spells

1Lf2558a.png

:platinum: First Edition

Display the virtues required to master the 'Book of Spells'.

Picked this up at GAME with the move bundle for an absolute bargain, £3 pre-owned!!!  Thought I'd plat it tonight quick and then give it to my little brother as a gift. This game was quite fun though a little repetetive, my little brother will love it though. This is the first move game I've played and I am pretty impressed with it tbh, very responsive and I had no issues. This game is now my fastest plat  with a time of 3 hours and 11 minutes (I even took a half an hour break) taking the spot from Trine 2.

Plat # 79

Lego: The Lord of the Rings (PS3)

1L92d856.png

:platinum: One Ring to build them all

Collect every trophy.

Finally decided to knock this one out during weekend, i had to take several breaks from this game as it just drags on. For the most part I enjoyed it but the switching of characters in this game drove me insane, when you are trying to change character for some reason the game decides to swap you to the AI, this is especially annoying when you are climbing a tower as the player will jump back down. Anyway I digress, this is your typical Lego game, I had no issue with money and no problems with finding the collectibles. If you like Lego and you like LOTR then definitely give this a try.

Now what should I make  :platinum: #80  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

Edited by Langy900

Plat # 78

Wonderbook: Book of Spells

1Lf2558a.png

:platinum: First Edition

Display the virtues required to master the 'Book of Spells'.

Picked this up at GAME with the move bundle for an absolute bargain, £3 pre-owned!!!  Thought I'd plat it tonight quick and then give it to my little brother as a gift. This game was quite fun though a little repetetive, my little brother will love it though. This is the first move game I've played and I am pretty impressed with it tbh, very responsive and I had no issues. This game is now my fastest plat  with a time of 3 hours and 11 minutes (I even took a half an hour break) taking the spot from Trine 2.

Do you plan on doing the other wonderbook games?