Trophy Tips

crazypatriot1

Hi everyone!

A quick guide on how I got some of the buggy trophies. Hope this helps anyone in the future. (I got it for $2 from EB Games)

Most of the in-game trophies I got while playing on Casual with a 2nd controller and on EASY.  

To get easy wickets with the 2nd controller, either move the batter out of the way for simple bowls (the ball seems to move around in where it's aimed) or get the batsmen to hit poorly timed "Advancing Shots" (Square) to a fielder for a catch. I mashed the square button the before the bowler finishes their run up, while doing this It occasionally has a good timing and hits for six. Sometimes the batsmen would do some kind of backfoot shot, just aim the delivery closer to the batsmen.
Update: Another method I found that seemed to work for wickets was bowling at the feet of the batsmen and mis-timing loft shots (Circle). Use field setting "Aggressive 6" to make all the fielders surround the batsmen.

Zinger Stacker (2nd controller recommended)

- Simply use 1 over games to get the game over faster 

Sunglasses At Night (2nd controller recommended)

- Using the main profile, activate the powerup, mishit a shot and get the 2nd controller to simply drop the catch (do nothing while the catching prompt appears)

Feel the Heat (2nd controller recommended)

- I got this one from a HAT-TRICK with the power-up activated. Was playing 3 over matches on Casual as I'm currently grinding the 1500 wickets and the powerup bar fills up much quicker. Got the wickets via catches mentioned at the top of the post. 

- Main reason for this post, I had previously done the three dot balls multiple times as well and came across multiple posts looking for help.

HAIL MARY! (2nd controller recommended)

- The 6 has to be the LAST BALL of the game. Use a 1 over game with a 2nd controller to bat first and score a single run.

A-head of the game 

- I originally played the WBBL first using 10 over games as the Sixers and then won the men's BBL using 1 over matches.

- Pops at the end at the season

The Prince of Bails

The Original Jaffa

- These two I got playing the "BBL08 tournament" using in 20 over matches. (Not sure if overs make a difference but longer matches give you more opportunity to get wickets with a specific person)

- The trophies should pop once the player gets to the required number.  

- Credit to PHIL_DADDY1 for help on this one, I had played BBL09 and WBBL tornament modes previously and it didn't pop for me.

Pieces of Eight

- I got the game recently and on starting the game I got 500k.

- Just grinding out the game I'm up to 1.35m

Swish and Flick (Update)

- If you're grinding out the wickets with a 2nd controller and reach the 1500 mark and it doesn't seem to pop, jump into a single player match against the computer and it should trigger when you bowl. I had 1503 wickets when I finished grinding out a match without it popping. I played a 1 over match against the computer and had to bat first. When it transitioned to bowl (when the BBL logo appears) I got the trophy.

Happy trophy hunting!

Edited by crazypatriot1
Addtional tip for wickets and Swish and Flick trophy
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that’s phenomenally useful. As an extra tip, I definitely think that wickets achieved by run out don’t count towards the total 1500 - I’m assuming the wickets taken are from the bowlers stats - and a run out doesn’t count as a wicket for the bowler. I’ll get on the grind and see how things fare.

EDIT: I can confirm that Feel the Heat popped for me just now after getting a hat-trick while the -powerup was active. Good pick, mate.

Edited by darkjian92

Did it in casual - I had two bowled and a caught at third man. Teams shouldn't matter, I don't think.

When the power up I needed came up, I quit and backed up my save before activating the power up. I also missed one ball and quickly quit to menu and reloaded in - it didn't affect the result and I finally got the trophy.

• 1 month later...

The Original Jaffa bugged on me.

Played BBL08 specifically, the 500runs trophy did pop on reaching the landmark, but 30wickets trophy didn't.

Didn't even simulate a single ball during the entire run.

Later, Tried playing an 1over casual match to see if it helps pop the trophy, but still nope.

This game's recent patch is a buggy mess.

The "Feel the Heat" trophy too is buggy on the current patch,(tried hatrick etc, still doesn't pop),

luckily had the disc version, so installed v1.0 and it worked like a charm.

Guess, shall have to redo the 30wickets on 1.0 too.

shall keep posted.

• 6 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 10:41 PM, wacky-fluorine0 said:

The Original Jaffa bugged on me.

Played BBL08 specifically, the 500runs trophy did pop on reaching the landmark, but 30wickets trophy didn't.

Didn't even simulate a single ball during the entire run.

Later, Tried playing an 1over casual match to see if it helps pop the trophy, but still nope.

This game's recent patch is a buggy mess.

The "Feel the Heat" trophy too is buggy on the current patch,(tried hatrick etc, still doesn't pop),

luckily had the disc version, so installed v1.0 and it worked like a charm.

Guess, shall have to redo the 30wickets on 1.0 too.

shall keep posted.

@wacky-fluorine0 So when you reloaded the disc on v1.0, you just completed the hat trick and it popped?

Edited by PHIL_DADDY1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...