Square Enix removes original version of Dragon Quest 11 from digital storefronts

21 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Good move. Always irked me how Atlus is still trying to sell their old inferior Persona 5 digital version when royal exists.   

Selling an old version of your game digitally will only confuse people and make some buy it by mistake. If you want double plat just buy on disc.

Bad move. I'd agree if it's the same exact game but with more content, but it isn't. It has it's own benefits that S doesn't have because it's a crappy port of the Switch version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Good move. Always irked me how Atlus is still trying to sell their old inferior Persona 5 digital version when royal exists.   

Selling an old version of your game digitally will only confuse people and make some buy it by mistake. If you want double plat just buy on disc.

I plan on getting the "old" version myself. They're not the same game and new editions aren't always better (like the bad trophy list Royal has). Actually Dragon Quest series is a good example of that, since it has tons of ports and remakes. What version of DQV should be sold if it came to PSN? The original SNES, DS or PS2? They all have benefits from extra characters to symphonic soundtrack and different minigames.

Ye, I also noticed the delisting last weekbut was in hope that it's only temporary. Very sad that it now has been confirmed as an official request by publisher.

I had plan to buy it during discount days, but there weren't any offers since S was announced. So I missed it ?.

Well, maybe there's an overhaul-version for PS5 someday. But I'll definitely won't buy this version at full price in its current state.

• 2 months later...