Difficultly of Nioh 2?

SolidJD

9 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's pretty easy, they significantly reduced the number of levels you have to do solo compared to the first. Co-op makes the game a joke if you have a friend.

Exactly!

3 player (!) co-op, + AI coop, + counter + kodama bazaar , + no singplayer only double bosses (?)

BTW in Nioh 1 the coop mode worked in a different way too on release.

Edited by sXe_SiC_

Nioh 2 is considerably easier than Nioh 1. That's personally disappointing (the trophies are also easier) ngl, but even though it's easier I do think that, ultimately, it is the better game, it really is everything an iterative sequel should be (though I do wish it was visually/aesthetically a bit more distinctive from Nioh 1, maybe then we wouldn't have people calling it Nioh 1.5 or whatever). My GOTY by far.

Hoping for Dream of the Nioh to kick my ass repeatedly.

• 1 month later...

The difficult begins with DLC (like the first game). The base game and platinum is pretty easy to be honest, easyier than Nioh 1. If you have played any Souls game you will destroy Nioh 2 its platinum. The DLC ramps up in difficulty significantly but with so many build variations and higher difficulties available to boost your gear and levels it is not so bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Brightblade76

If you’ve already done Nioh 1 I believe Nioh 2 will be easier both base game and DotDemon dlc’s plus no double bosses simultaneously. Learning how to make a great build will reduce the difficulty a lot especially on DotD. You can also go to the underworld (Nioh 2’s Abyss) and grind gear on DotWise or DotNioh for an easier time on DotD.

I personally made a dual sword Versatility  build on DotD and only did the 1st region of DotWise and that was enough for me to conquer the DLC’s without too much difficulty. If you’re curious the Versatility build is a new set bonus found on DotDemon - you can check it out on YouTube there are many OP builds around it and you can use any weapon/weapons with it.

Edited by Don_carlito94
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, kaptainmyke said:

I disagree highly.  I am struggling with first part of the game.  I think it's a lot harder than Nioh 1.  I have the platinum for Nioh 1 with no issues.

if you ned help just ask. I play the game almost everyday still after getting the platinum.  Don't mind helping.  It isn't harder than nioh 1 though.  You only have to play main missions to unlock higher difficulty.  You can get through each difficulty in a day summoning help.  After which, you grind The last level killing the boss over and over to over level for dlc.  solo i can destroy all the content on way of the demon difficulty through the entire dlc with only dying maybe a few times.   The problem with nioh 1 that makes it more difficult to me was all the double boss fights but a good living weapon build can cure that problem. 

• Like 1

Im only halfway through and made the same experience i had with nioh 1, the beginning was quite difficult but after that it becomes easier.

However online is making this plat a joke anyways cause there is no scaling at all.

I would always suggest playing these games solo as much as you can, just gives you a overall better experience from the game.

So far i like the game a lot cause boss fights are challenging but never frustrating.

Edit: Misinformation, there is scaling.

Edited by KingTom95

3 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

Im only halfway through and made the same experience i had with nioh 1, the beginning was quite difficult but after that it becomes easier.

However online is making this plat a joke anyways cause there is no scaling at all, people can insta kill your bosses which is kinda stupid.

I would always suggest playing these games solo as much as you can, just gives you a overall better experience from the game.

So far i like the game a lot cause boss fights are challenging but never frustrating.

but there is scaling.  I sneeze on enemies on dream of the demon in my game and they die, if i join another persons lobby through tori gate sometimes I die quite easily and it takes quite a bit more damage to kill the enemies.  there are even videos out there that talk about the down scaling you get when you play with others in their game that are a lesser level than you.  nevertheless fighting bosses with 3 players makes it a joke because the boss isn't really designed to take on a whole group of people and it really makes it hack and slash, dodging and parrying becomes irrelevant.  Not how the game should be played for sure.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

Nioh is made by the same people who did Ninja Gaiden so that speaks for itself, Nioh is the hardest of the souls genre by far, luckily they give us the option for coop, because if there was no coop in Nioh it would straight up be a 10/10 difficulty, and it would make Dark Souls/ Bloodborne look like a tutorial, tbh, the entire platinum of Nioh 2 is basically a tutorial, the game doesnt really start until way after us trophy heads pop the plat, even after 100% i was only just starting to work on a proper build, i didnt even see the higher difficulties past Demon or bother to venture into the depths, which is where it really gets hard, so in terms what Nioh actually offers as a game, the daunting 120h needed to 100% this is actually quite forgiving, so thankfully the trophies arent too harsh, although the ability to coop drops this from a 10/10 to a 6/10, you cant have your hand held all the way through, you will have to face a couple tough bosses solo on Demon so, youll have a challenge, but its not mental like Nioh1 with dual boss solo only missions, basically after Samurai/collectible playthrough you just need coop for speedrunning to unlock Demon and until you have a bunch of Demon tier gear, then your set for DLC, for those who only want plat, 4/10 difficulty, no grind or coop required

I found it more difficult at first. I died maybe 10 times to the first boss even after I platinumed Nioh 1 just a few months prior. But once I learned how to use the new powers to counter it became a bit easier. NG+ is certainly easier than Nioh 1. I haven't gone further than that in either game because it becomes more about your build/gear than skill.

Edited by Sn1per666999