Questions regarding JPN version

Trini

So this is one of the rare gems I missed out on back on the ps3, and now after 8-9 years, I have an interest in picking it up. My question is, (for confirmation) if I purchase the Japanese version will I be able to play the game in English audio/subtitles? Also, is the JPN version stripped of any content/scenes compared to the NA/EU versions?

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, Trini said:

So this is one of the rare gems I missed out on back on the ps3, and now after 8-9 years, I have an interest in picking it up. My question is, (for confirmation) if I purchase the Japanese version will I be able to play the game in English audio/subtitles? Also, is the JPN version stripped of any content/scenes compared to the NA/EU versions?

Yes you can play game in English audio/subtitles and from what I’ve played so far nothing has been changed hope this helps ?

Edited by CouponKarl
Misspelling
  • Like 2

Just out of curiosity why do you want the JP version and not the native English version?

38 minutes ago, CouponKarl said:

Yes you can play game in English audio/subtitles and from what I’ve played so far nothing has been changed hope this helps 1f600.png

Greatly appreciate that answer bud, thank you ?

25 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Just out of curiosity why do you want the JP version and not the native English version?

I'm a physical collector (to a certain extent), certain artwork covers have more appeal to me than others; also, Japanese is a language I would like to study eventually so the appeal is even greater in that regard. 

50 minutes ago, Trini said:

Greatly appreciate that answer bud, thank you 1f64f.png

I'm a physical collector (to a certain extent), certain artwork covers have more appeal to me than others; also, Japanese is a language I would like to study eventually so the appeal is even greater in that regard. 

Also you should get European one as well while you can game is getting rare and harder to find 

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It has a separate trophy stack so that can appeal to people.

22 minutes ago, beardplayer said:

JP Version — good choise for collectors. And it has cool front art 

Reveal hidden contents

photo-2021-01-29-10-17-46.jpgphoto-2021-01-29-10-17-51.jpg

Same one I got I love it more than the na/eu artwork game is fun to play with Japanese voices and English subtitles 

Edited by CouponKarl
Misspelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beardplayer said:

JP Version — good choise for collectors. And it has cool front art 

Reveal hidden contents

photo-2021-01-29-10-17-46.jpgphoto-2021-01-29-10-17-51.jpg

It's definitely a beauty. The NA version isn't my cup of tea hence why I'm determined to get this version once the opportunity presents itself; I doubt I'll be able to find it new though so I'll probably have to settle for a like new copy. 

@CouponKarl I'll look into that as well, thanks again ?

2 hours ago, CouponKarl said:

Also you should get European one as well while you can game is getting rare and harder to find 

It has a separate trophy stack so that can appeal to people.

Same one I got I love it more than the na/eu artwork game is fun to play with Japanese voices and English subtitles 

Indeed, took me forever to find a copy, and i think i snagged the last one lol!

Never went for platinum in the day, but looking forward to getting back into this!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Shadows-of-the-Damned-Japan-/164647421495?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadows-of-the-Damned-Japan-Import-/124224016596?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Shadows-of-the-Damned-Play-Station-3-CERO-Z-w-Tracking-number-New-from-Japan-/293583271385?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

There's afew of the cheapest I saw

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:15 AM, Trini said:

It's definitely a beauty. The NA version isn't my cup of tea hence why I'm determined to get this version once the opportunity presents itself; I doubt I'll be able to find it new though so I'll probably have to settle for a like new copy. 

@CouponKarl I'll look into that as well, thanks again 1f44a.png

No problem buddy here’s a copy for like $20 buy it Japan version is the cheapest one to find but u will be spending over $30 for na version. EU version cost me almost $40 so I’d get what you can in case they jump even more in price https://www.ebay.com/itm/265013018571

Edited by CouponKarl
Misspelling
  • Like 1