PhazePrime

UPNP "Not Available"

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been working on a lot of PS3 trophies over the last few months, and many of them require internet connection for multiplayer. Unfortunately, my connection to other people is sometimes causing problems, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. One setting always seems off to me when I do tests. On my router (Google Wifi Home) and in my PS3's settings I have UPnP enabled. However, every time I test my internet on my PS3 it says that UPnP is "Not Available." I have tried resetting my router MANY times, changing the setting back and forth on everything, using LAN and Wifi, and shutting off other devices. I have no idea what the problem may be and all the guides I see online just say "reset your router" or "enable UPnP," but since I've done these solutions so many times, it obviously isn't working.

 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks! 

Edited by PhazePrime
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PhazePrime said:

On my router (Google Home) and in my PS3's settings I have UPnP enabled.

 

all the guides I see online just say "reset your router" or "enable UPnP," but since I've done these solutions so many times, it obviously isn't working.

 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks! 

 

What exact model router do you have? That'll help identify how to make sure the settings in your router are correct.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

What exact model router do you have? That'll help identify how to make sure the settings in your router are correct.

 

I have the regular Google Wifi, just the one, not the nest kind. In my settings for the router UPnP is enabled.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PhazePrime said:

 

I have the regular Google Wifi, just the one, not the nest kind. In my settings for the router UPnP is enabled.

 

Since Google is a bit fishy and I can't find a user manual available anywhere online for the model you linked to, this seems like a question their support owes you an answer to.

 

Settings seem to be here: https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6274337?hl=en&ref_topic=9832042

 

I will also say, that your UPnP setting is generally less important than your NAT setting and your ping time for multiplayer games. Are you showing NAT 2?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe your ISP is using CGNAT or otherwise blocking ports? You could give them a call and ask.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

 

Since Google is a bit fishy and I can't find a user manual available anywhere online for the model you linked to, this seems like a question their support owes you an answer to.

 

Settings seem to be here: https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6274337?hl=en&ref_topic=9832042

 

I will also say, that your UPnP setting is generally less important than your NAT setting and your ping time for multiplayer games. Are you showing NAT 2?

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried to contact Google and they were pretty useless. I think it's related to either my provider or my PS3's hardware itself. My console is showing NAT type 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PhazePrime said:

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried to contact Google and they were pretty useless. I think it's related to either my provider or my PS3's hardware itself. My console is showing NAT type 2.

 

I will say that I also have UPnP showing unavailable on my PS3, but NAT type 2 and don't tend to have issues. UPnP is specifically a router setting and has nothing to do with your modem or a setting by your ISP. However, your ISP could be throttling you.

 

Really, I don't think UPnP in your router is the main culprit to your connection issues. Especially if you used LAN and still had bad results. That leads me to believe the problem is beyond your router. The next step would be connecting a cable directly to your modem and see if you still have problems, by passing your router.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't UPnP usually requires a fixed IP settings between router and connected device or am I getting it mixed up with DMZ?

 

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Don't UPnP usually requires a fixed IP settings between router and connected device or am I getting it mixed up with DMZ?

 

 

DMZ since that'll allow one IP address to be completely open to the internet and if your devices request their IP through DHCP, they'll generally be recycled and given out willy nilly when the devices reboot.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.