Sebulba2000

Trophy list downfall

42 posts in this topic

On 14.12.2020 at 4:06 AM, Kingdom Keeper said:

I think the best thing about the trophy list for MoM is how sympathetic it is to the lowest common denominator of people. I actually have a lot of trouble with rhythm games. I find them fun, but don’t always have the coordination and timing needed for the more difficult songs. And this trophy list is just the right amount of difficult for me to actually get through it. Even a trophy like requiring that you clear all world missions would lock the game out for me since I know I’d never be able to beat One-Winged Angel with 50% or more HP without items on Proud. Believe me, I’ve tried. That is a feat I’ll never be able to overcome. But I like that it’s there for more skilled players. On top of performer mode. While one button mode is there for players like me. All this to say Plats should be difficult. But they shouldn’t necessarily force the player to do *everything* the game has to offer. Even something like the Dark Souls trophy list doesn’t force the player to play through the game without lighting a campfire, even though you get a rare item for doing so. Plats should just provide enough challenge and grind that you feel as if you’ve hollowed out the game pretty well. Like hollowing out a pumpkin. There may be some gunk left in there, but as long as there’s enough room for the light to shine through the face you’ve carved out, you’ve done what you needed to do.

So requiring the minimum is good now? Trophy hunters are getting so lazy

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 2:58 AM, Sebulba2000 said:

But then, we got the hardest Critical in the series.
 

 

For real though. I didnt die as many times playing through Dark Souls 1, 3 and Bloodborne as I did on critical in KH3

It's brutal

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sheesh, talk about entitlement. So this game's plat is easier than some of the other games in this series. Big whoop. You folks make it sound like this is a shovel ware or a Telltale play and this will be a stain on your profile. I actually welcome it as not every trophy needs to be Cuphead/Dark Souls tier. Plus this game can be a challenge to those who aren't used to rhythm games.

 

So if you hate the trophy list, don't play the game or just hide the trophy list if you still feel obligated to play but don't want this to be seen on your list.  But i don't understand why trophy hunters are so picky with their food since at the end of the day, a trophy is a trophy no matter where it comes from. A Dark Souls plat isn't more valuable than a Walking Dead one from an objective POV (they are worth the same points)

Edited by HeroFangGhetz
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2021 at 1:23 PM, HeroFangGhetz said:

Sheesh, talk about entitlement. So this game's plat is easier than some of the other games in this series. Big whoop. You folks make it sound like this is a shovel ware or a Telltale play and this will be a stain on your profile. I actually welcome it as not every trophy needs to be Cuphead/Dark Souls tier. Plus this game can be a challenge to those who aren't used to rhythm games.

 

So if you hate the trophy list, don't play the game or just hide the trophy list if you still feel obligated to play but don't want this to be seen on your list.  But i don't understand why trophy hunters are so picky with their food since at the end of the day, a trophy is a trophy no matter where it comes from. A Dark Souls plat isn't more valuable than a Walking Dead one from an objective POV (they are worth the same points)

 

Exactly. I find the complaints about Kingdom Hearts III's trophy list to be especially unjustified, considering that the developers added a separate trophy list via DLC specifically for players looking to challenge themselves with the game. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, Sebulba2000 said:

So, I've been watching this unfold since DDD. The KH games' trophy lists kept becoming easier and easier and I understand removing the unfair stuff, like beating the game 6 times (I'm looking at you, Re: CoM on PS3), but I can't stand it, when most of the game's optional tasks (the so called Feats here) aren't required for the platinum trophy. I remember a lot of stuff wasn't needed in DDD, either, like the infamous max affinity levels trophy and the game itself had the easiest plat in the KH history. Same goes to KH3, which didn't even have a difficulty related trophy, or anything.

In other words, I'm disappointed as a KH fan, that the plats are getting easier and easier and don't require you to master the game.

Late to the party, but I find this trophy list repulsive for a different reason.

 

There is no reason to make a player play through the game on every difficulty. If you can beat Proud mode, that should be enough.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trophies should not ever be designed for the lowest common denominator of player. The hobby is predicated on the idea of going further; going further than what the game would generally ask just to beat it, or even just to play it a bit more than just to beat it. If you want to play MoM and enjoy it that has nothing to do with trophies. I seriously wish developers would just go back to asking even crazy things of the player for the platinum. I don't think it's entitlement since I have no ability to control what the flow of time does to this hobby and I am more than happy to continue partaking in it in my particular way, but we should all speak our minds.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the trophy list dictates is up to the developers, not the player base. If you hate how easy the trophies are nowadays, then just play the game without worrying about said trophies or like i mentioned earlier: hide the trophy list. Or better yet: avoid the game.  But if you go out of your way to get the plat and still complain about the difficulty, you just lost your right to complain as you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

 

Like a trophy is a trophy no matter how you look at it. Some games will have easy trophies, some will have hard ones, and that's fine. You shouldn't need a trophy to motivate you to explore more than what the list entails if it doesn't cover the entire game. Like it is obvious most people here forget that trophies are second and how good/fun a game actually is is supposed to be first. Not the other way around. So personally, developers not asking for insane tasks for a virtual metal is fine as again the motivation should be you willingly exploring the rest of the game on your own like how it was back in the early 2000s/90s. 

 

On 6/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, darkamdusias said:

 

Exactly. I find the complaints about Kingdom Hearts III's trophy list to be especially unjustified, considering that the developers added a separate trophy list via DLC specifically for players looking to challenge themselves with the game. 

I concur.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HeroFangGhetz said:

What the trophy list dictates is up to the developers, not the player base. If you hate how easy the trophies are nowadays, then just play the game without worrying about said trophies or like i mentioned earlier: hide the trophy list. Or better yet: avoid the game.  But if you go out of your way to get the plat and still complain about the difficulty, you just lost your right to complain as you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

 

Like a trophy is a trophy no matter how you look at it. Some games will have easy trophies, some will have hard ones, and that's fine. You shouldn't need a trophy to motivate you to explore more than what the list entails if it doesn't cover the entire game. Like it is obvious most people here forget that trophies are second and how good/fun a game actually is is supposed to be first. Not the other way around. So personally, developers not asking for insane tasks for a virtual metal is fine as again the motivation should be you willingly exploring the rest of the game on your own like how it was back in the early 2000s/90s.

 

Normally I would agree with this. But most of you people end up stacking a bunch of overly easy games. Definitely a contrast to the early PS3 days when the easiest platinums you had were Hannah Montana: The Movie, Terminator Salvation, and a bunch of Disney Pixar games that appealed primarily to kids.

 

If I took the advice of most of these lazy people here I would of never finished Vanquish or some other difficult games I've done. I went ahead and did them because that was my decision alone.

 

And for the record, I've been gaming for nearly 30 years. I did stuff on World of Warcraft and Runescape that only a very small minority of people ever did. Did I care? No I didn't. I went and did some of those achievements because I pushed myself to do so.

 

I find the people complaining about hard trophies the most are the ones who just play a bunch of easy games without playing anything that puts a little bit a of challenge on the player. I like a good balance, as I'm sure most of you trophy hunters like as well.

 

Trophies to me are no different from all the achievements I got back on World of Warcraft or those level 99 skills I earned on Runescape, before trophies even existed. I couldn't care less if I'm the minority because to be frank I was always the minority from the start. I'm not one of those millions of people that buys up the latest Call of Duty or Madden, and spends hours playing Fortnite.

 

You people like to say the elitists and the ones who go after hard trophies are entitled. I will add that your side is just as entitled. Both sides are to blame, not just one side.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, HeroFangGhetz said:

For the record, nobody cares how long you have been a gamer. You could be a gamer for 5, 10 or 30 years for all i care. Nothing to brag about. And also I don't care how easy or hard a trophy is, but elitists are what ruining modern games with topics like this.

 

You just basically proven my point. Whenever somebody makes a topic like this detailing how he or she felt the trophy list was a bit too easy, or a bit too hard, responses like the ones you made always come in to try to derail the topic in question.

 

And when I try to make a point on both sides being guilty, I'm just labeled an elitist anyway because of my outspoken personality. It's really tiring.

Edited by AJ_Radio
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

You just basically proven my point. Whenever somebody makes a topic like this detailing how he or she felt the trophy list was a bit too easy, or a bit too hard, responses like the ones you made always come in to try to derail the topic in question.

 

And when I try to make a point on both sides being guilty, I'm just labeled an elitist anyway because of my outspoken personality. It's really tiring.


I was just having a go at you mate, no disrespect. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

"Going after" easy games does not make you entitled.

"Going after" hard games does not make you entitled.

 

Complaining that trophies should conform to your standards for difficulty is entitled - whether your desire is that they are all easier, or all harder.

 

Just play the games, or don't.

 

Seeking out the ones that meet your specifications is fine.

Demanding that every game conform to them, or complaining that they don't, is entitled - it's practically the dictionary definition.

 

 

Just stop complaining - there's games (and trophy lists) out there for everyone.

At this point I think he spends more time bitching and whining on threads than actually playing games

 

 

OT wait there's another rhythm game I can suck at? Sign me up

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 12/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, Sebulba2000 said:

So, I've been watching this unfold since DDD. The KH games' trophy lists kept becoming easier and easier and I understand removing the unfair stuff, like beating the game 6 times (I'm looking at you, Re: CoM on PS3), but I can't stand it, when most of the game's optional tasks (the so called Feats here) aren't required for the platinum trophy. I remember a lot of stuff wasn't needed in DDD, either, like the infamous max affinity levels trophy and the game itself had the easiest plat in the KH history. Same goes to KH3, which didn't even have a difficulty related trophy, or anything.

In other words, I'm disappointed as a KH fan, that the plats are getting easier and easier and don't require you to master the game.

Birth by Sleep is probably the single time I ever looked forward to online mode/trophies, let that sink in (it didn’t happen as we know. We did however have to complete that journal 2 extra times, for the other 2 characters...for only 2 extra trophies). But no we got the same grind as solo mirage arena on PSP.

I remember when people were complaining about DDD having some Reports trophy glitched when they really just haven’t met the requirements (I foolishly thought it was glitched for me as well, but you have to dig more and see you’re not done yet). It was pathetic because it was still the easiest list even with that confusion present.

While I have been hurt 😭 by being told that KH is “mainstream” (hardy har) I am hurt even more by the fact that KH has gotten easier and simpler to 100% over the progression of the series, it’s insulting. KH3’s add-ons don’t transform the game on the disc into what got us into the series to begin with.

Also, since I just now found out this thread was in Melody of Memory ^^ I personally take issue with the graphics choice. They should have either used the Theatrhythm style (which guess what originated from KH Mobile, you also saw it in KH Re: coded, go figure, also there’s a missed opportunity to pull a classic KH move as in putting MoM on the Vita to further spread the series on different consoles, keep the Vita alive, and use touch control like Theatrhythm) or the KH3 style. A new KH game on the PS4 in 2019/2020 is not the place for the PS2/PSP models and even BBS 0.2 ~ a fragmentary passage~ was keen on that.

 

When DDD doesn’t require you to beat the secret boss (and by extension obtain all the keychains) what was the point of adding a trophy list when the game was already on 3DS and *did* require it for 100%? It’s a double edged sword, not having the in-game trophies involved, lest we would be throwing balloons (it was faster not to play out the minigame) at Spirits for....12 hours IIRC from the 3DS.

Edited by EqualityEarth
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

You just basically proven my point. Whenever somebody makes a topic like this detailing how he or she felt the trophy list was a bit too easy, or a bit too hard, responses like the ones you made always come in to try to derail the topic in question.

 

And when I try to make a point on both sides being guilty, I'm just labeled an elitist anyway because of my outspoken personality. It's really tiring.

And how is my response "derailing"? This topic is pointless as it's just someone who wants a trophy list to conform to their standards and instead of either accepting that a trophy list is sometimes too easy for their tastes, they pretend this is a serious issue when it isn't. Either deal with it or don't play the game at all. Simple as that. And also trying to playing fence sitter isn't really a good position to take just FYI.

 

And also it's naive to assume people would accept a opinion like this without opposition, unless you haven't been on the internet for long.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.