cris3f

Comprehensive list of twin stick and scrolling shooters for PS4 (and Vita and PS3)

62 posts in this topic

Super Stardust HD was the first game to ever get a trophy list. Super Stardust Delta is the Vita exclusive, both made by Housemarque. Super Stardust Ultra on the PS4 is basically more of the same, although you need a PS VR to do the DLC.

are you counting delisted games too? If so then there was Voltron on PS3 forgot when it got delisted.

Also there is Warhammer 40k Kill Team not sure if it still available on PS3 or not though.

Edited by Void

Don't forget the other Lara Croft game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 2010.

Great idea. Here are a few more to fill in the blanks a bit. There might be a few I'm forgetting but for now. PS4 unless noted otherwise:

Anger Force Reloaded
Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection
Boiling Bolt (might belong in the other category)
Darius Cozmic Collection: Arcade

Darius Cozmic Collection: Console 
Dangun Feveron
Freedom Finger
Ginga Force
Grood

Gundemoniums (Vita)

Ketsui (PS3 JPN only)
Mahou Daisakusen 
Rival Megagun
Rym 9000
Sisters Royale
Yukinko Daisenpuu ~Sayuki to Koyuki no Hie-Hie Daisoudou (ps2 on ps4 JPN store only, belongs in 'other')

I was going to mention Score Rush Extend but caught it in 'other'. Shouldn't it be in 'twin stick' or 'scrolling'?. Felt just like a regular vertical scrolling shooter with twin stick controls to me. Highly recommended in any case.

There's also a bunch of good 90s ones that've come out with the Arcade Archives series on ps4 & on ps3/vita digital there are tons of ps1 shmups including some of the more expensive titles like Gaia Seed & Harmful Park. No trophies with those ofc.

PS3:

Burn Zombie Burn!

Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime

Zombie Driver HD

PS4:

Ghostbusters (different game from Ghostbusters Remastered)

Rad

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops: Zombie Edition

Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition

PS4/PS3/Vita

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

Nice, I'll almost certainly purchase something from this list! Already own a fair number of these.

I'm actually playing Nex Machina now. A fantastic modern-day Robotron, but prepare to suffer on Veteran difficulty...

5 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

PS3:

Burn Zombie Burn!

Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime

Zombie Driver HD

PS4:

Ghostbusters (different game from Ghostbusters Remastered)

Rad

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops: Zombie Edition

Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition

PS4/PS3/Vita

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

Tiny Troopers was so much fun, esp on Vita.

Another one to add is Freakout Calamity TV Show

I feel like I'm missing a bunch, but will have to go through my list.

Off topic, but I’d like to suggest other lists to be compiled (using the “game series” part of the trophy page) such as Hidden Object/Puzzle Games and Breakout Clones. Is it possible to suggest those games to be serialized despite not having common developers, or do you just make a thread? Obviously adding games to a series page doesn’t seem like a common user function, but making a thread, though they are visible, may be so only because of who I follow.

Btw I think RayStorm HD on PS3 (I could find in Hong Kong store) would go under scrolling shooter, and Fluster Cluck (PS4) under twin stick.

Edited by EqualityEarth

Lot of hidden gems listed here, great for those who like shooters.

Imagine being Helldivers and being listed under "other shooters" in a thread for isometric/twin-stick shooting games.

Retro City Rampage

Party Hard

Contra: Rogue Corps

CrossCode

Riverbond

God's Trigger

Gensokyo Defenders

Next Up Hero

Blacksea Odyssey

Milanoir

Circuit Breakers

Worms Rumble has cross-buy with PS5 version.

You have Bleed 2 but you forgot Bleed 1.

Games of Glory for 'other' section.

I believe the "three" Sega Collection games contain SHMUPs/twin stick shooters.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 has a hidden twin stick game.

Thanks much for this list, already own majority of these but always on the lookout for new shooters to play.

Also I would add the SNK Anniversary Collection for PS4 side scrolling as it has several old school shooters in it. Plus anything from Arcade Archives series. Darius also has two compliations with Cozmic Arcade and Cozmic Console collection that both each feature several games over the series entire life.

Nice work on compiling this list, thank you! This is one genre I’ve hardly even dipped my toes into, and that needs to change. The only one I own at the moment is Resogun.

On 12/9/2020 at 0:42 AM, Helyx said:

Imagine being Helldivers and being listed under "other shooters" in a thread for isometric/twin-stick shooting games.

The main objective in Helldivers is mission goals, if you try to shoot everything you won't be successful. That is the reason why it's in the other shooters.

And the reason why I don't like it, but that's not the point of the list and so it's there.

Exactly the same reason why Ruiner is on the same category, as shooting unfortunately doesn't work very well in the game so it becomes secondary.

Edited by cris3f

Does Titan Souls count?

Edited by nrs1nrs1

I'll answer to everyone else and keep this updated, just been short of time.

Good list. Can anyone tell me the games most similar to dead nation please? 

5 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Good list. Can anyone tell me the games most similar to dead nation please? 

I would say Alienation. They are both from Housemarque and despite the game mechanics are a lot faster in Alienation I had equally fun with it. Both are great games !