Good racing game for beginner

TheVengeance1231

the crew 2 and gravel are quite easy, also grid but you do have to drive for about 100 hrs after finishing the campaign just for 1 trophy.

driveclub isn't too bad, for the platinum but it has probably more dlc then any other racing game and it could take a beginner a year to finish.

dirt and nfs are hit and miss, some are great some not, I imagine the latest dirt 5 isn't too hard though.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 6:31 AM, black__bunny said:

Need for Speed: Hot pursuit remastered. I got the plat for this and 100% and I wouldn't call myself skilled at racing games at all. It was my first plat for a racing game too so if you are more interested in a arcade racer than a sim, id say this would be a goof contender. 

been thinking about getting this one myself.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 5:55 AM, HellcoreFire said:

As someone that doesn't really play racing games but also would like a plat on one. I've been eyeing The Crew 2. Seems a pretty easy one but I haven't done a full investigation yet.

it's very good, and quite easy. you can switch vehcles on the fly to make grabbing collectibles a cinch.

although the game does have a few gameplay mechanics that if you don't know about them at all could frustrate a bit. completing events give you colour-coded rarity drops, for your car, and you need to make sure that you win events in every car you want to use, make sure that you grind for parts if you do a race with 3 good car parts and 3 not so good your car *will* just decide to spin out and send you careering off into a tree at the last minute, no matter how good you are at racers or how carefully you feather the gas. a bit of time spent grinding in every car you want to use will save you endless headaches.

also driving speedboats require that you pull down on the analogue stick to sink your ass end into the water for more speed. The game never told me i had to do it, and if you don't you get overtaken at every opportunity, other then those 2 things the game is very fun with a unbeatable sense of speed.

• Like 1

Need for Speed Heat is the best bet. In one way it has adequate physics in compare to others, on other isn't very hard and dragging. If you want something more at level of physics, might as well try Project Cars 3, but it has empty lobbies and bugs, which will put platinum into some minor troubles, like finding daily race for example, plus DLC cost moneybags.

If you up for a true challenge, and spent some time learning motorsports and racing culture and mechanics, you can try Project Cars 2. Nothing really hard on this one, some multiplayer races are good experience and game still crowded, and have wide variety of players, from top dogs to mario karters. Keep in mind though, it is one and only racing simulator on console, that keeps it at very hard learning curves, but rewarding as nothing else, in terms on general satisfaction of driving.

If talk about PS3, I would recommend Midnight Club Los Angeles, dunno about platinum, but game fun as hell!

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

Gravel, my favourite racer from PS4. F1 is pretty easy, so is MotoGP. Valentino Rossi, Wreckfest, Ride, Ducati 90th anniversary, MXGP 1-3, Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO. Imo The Crew 2 is not easy, the difficulty is all over the place and pretty broken. NFS is also not easy, you definitely need a bit of skill to plat them.

• Like 2

If you’re not too fussed about racing with cars, then I’d recommend Steep. It’s an extreme winter sports game so the races mostly consist of skiing, snowboarding, and wingsuiting. It’s a challenging platinum though as you’re required to get gold in almost every race, but this probably won’t be an issue for most people as this game is insanely fun. To this day, I still rank Steep among my Top 5 funnest platinums I’ve ever done.

Burnout Paradise Remastered is a really popular one, and has the added bonus of coming with a crap ton of trophies. I think there’s around 90 altogether with all the free DLC included. It’s also an interesting game as it goes for more of an open world driving format, with races scattered around the city and countryside. There’s also online play, and jumping in & out of games with other people is super quick and easy. You can do it any time when you’re driving around the map, and exit a game just as fast.

I’d also recommend Onrush. You may have got this one off PS+ a year or two ago. A lot of people think it’s garbage, but it was one of the first racing games I played and I had a really fun time with it. It’s more of a stylish combat racing style game than a traditional racer, which makes it fun to play. It’s also very easy to platinum. Good place to start if you’re new to racing games like I was.

• Like 1

Two i would suggest would be Onrush and Gravel. Now I personally haven't done them myself but have been considering doing 1 if not both. They both have no dlc. According to psnprofiles,Gravel has an estimated platinum of a bit over 39% while Onrush is just under 10% Both have well written guides right here on psnprofiles. Onrush is estimated at a 6/10 difficulty while Gravel is estimated at a 2/10 difficulty. Onrush is estimated at 25hrs to platinum while Gravel is estimated at 15hrs platinum. These estimations come straight from the trophy guides. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, djb5f said:

Cars 3 or if looking for something less cartoony, The Crew 2, Gravel, or Wreckfest then.

Monster Energy Supercross (dirt bike racing) series is also quite easy to platinum and pretty enjoyable. 

Yeah Monster Energy Supercross is my only racing plat. 

It was free on PSPlus a while back too. If you're a member you may already have it. 

Pretty easy i thought. 

Motorbikes > Cars ?

• Like 2