[Chrome Extension] Easily Search PSNProfiles for Games

YairGOW

Hello,

I use an extension for searching selected text on YouTube from the context menu by right clicking on the selected text on a web page, which for me is so much more comfortable than going on the site and typing/copy-pasting a text I wanna search that I'd come upon while browsing websites.

In my opinion, it's a nice quality of life improvement, and I thought it would be nice to have a similar extension for searching games on PSNP, since I do it quite often as well, and was getting tired of going to the games section on the site and searching manually.

And so, I created a little extension for chrome that does just that.

Example in the following image:

UMijHeC.png

Clicking on Search PSNProfiles for the game 'Nex Machina' will open up a new tab in your browser of:

https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=Nex Machina

It's available to download in a ZIP file in the following link: Download Link

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract the folder named 'PSNPGameSeach' from the ZIP file. This folder contains the extension you will have to manually load to chrome.

2. To load your extension in Chrome, open up the URL chrome://extensions in your browser.

3. Click “Developer mode” in the top right.

4. Finally, click “Load unpacked" and select the extension’s directory that was extracted from the ZIP file. You should see that an extension named "PSNProfiles Game Search" has been added. You should be all set now :)

Hopefully, others find it useful, as well!

I might try getting it onto the chrome extension web-store if I see people find it preferable.

Edited by YairGOW
  • Like 3

As an alternative with easier setup, you can also use custom search engine:

https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=%s

qf9FZRX.png

With this setup, you just type "psnp" in the address bar, press TAB and then type the name of the game you want to search for.

• Like 2