Pure White World tendency? Am I screwed?

LethalLuke1993

Hey guys. 

Okay so this platinum is confusing the life out of me! 

I've beaten all bosses bar the 1-4 one but only 3/5 arch stones are pure white tendency. 

Arch stones 1 and 4 are neutral and just white respectively so I don't know what to do from here. Am I better off making the world's pure black and then beating the phantoms to bring it back to pure white or is there another way to get the world's to be pure white. 

Not sure how they are possibly not pure white when I've helped all NPCS and beaten all bosses in those worlds. 

I've always found it easier to make things pure white first, since you can easily make any world pure black later. There's also the option to make each world pure black before defeating the first boss, but if you plan to do the black events, you'll need to defeat each boss in a row without going back to the nexus.

It really just depends on what you still need for platinum, and whether those things coincide with pure white or black.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

I've always found it easier to make things pure white first, since you can easily make any world pure black later. There's also the option to make each world pure black before defeating the first boss, but if you plan to do the black events, you'll need to defeat each boss in a row without going back to the nexus.

It really just depends on what you still need for platinum, and whether those things coincide with pure white or black.

We'll I definitely need 4-1 to be pure white as I have to do the sword side quest that only shows up in Pure White. 

My issue is I've defeated all bosses except the very last one and have no idea what else I can do to get Arch stone 4 to be pure white? 

4-1 is locked into its current tendency if you've already defeated the Storm King.

You'll need to go into NG+ and beat all those bosses again (without dying in body form) to get to pure white. It's fine if you die in soul form.

Killing invaders will shift your world tendency towards white, but you'll need to be in body form for that. (and that area's boss needs to be alive).

As stated above, dying in the nexus is the best way to help control the tendency. I purposely die there after each boss is defeated.

Edited by Helyx

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

4-1 is locked into its current tendency if you've already defeated the Old Monk.

You'll need to go into NG+ and beat all those bosses again (without dying in body form) to get to pure white. It's fine if you die in soul form.

Killing invaders will shift your world tendency towards white, but you'll need to be in body form for that. (and that area's boss needs to be alive).

As stated above, dying in the nexus is the best way to help control the tendency. I purposely die there after each boss is defeated.

Really that's a bummer if that's the case! 

I always went back to the nexus to get back to soul form. Played the entire game that way, I have no idea how it isn't perfect white tendency, especially considering I killed some npcs in other worlds by mistake and still ended up with perfect white tendency in those areas. 

If I read it right, tendency carries over to ng+ so surely considering the world is already white, I should only need to kill one boss? 

I think the only trophy I'll miss is the satsuke one so maybe I should just move on and try again in ng+

1 minute ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

If I read it right, tendency carries over to ng+ so surely considering the world is already white, I should only need to kill one boss?

Correct, tendency carries over. After defeating Adjudicator, return to the nexus and check world 4's tendency. You may need to defeat the Old Hero if you're further from pure white than you think.

14 minutes ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

14 minutes ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

Really that's a bummer if that's the case! 

I always went back to the nexus to get back to soul form. Played the entire game that way, I have no idea how it isn't perfect white tendency, especially considering I killed some npcs in other worlds by mistake and still ended up with perfect white tendency in those areas. 

I think the only trophy I'll miss is the satsuke one so maybe I should just move on and try again in ng+

Just a heads up. You DO NOT need the boss to be alive to be invaded when using a password. Find someone online to help you and they will invade using a password and you kill them. This method gets you from PBWT to PWWT in about 5 minutes. I'd HIGHLY recommend doing anything require tendency events in your first ng cycle and then enjoy ng+ in pure white 

Edited by mrobinson91
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrobinson91 said:

You DO NOT need the boss to be alive to be invaded when using a password.

If this is true, it's unique to the PS5 version. Nice addition from Bluepoint.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Yep there's an option to basically turn off invasion limitations like that. But it only works with password invasion.

Edited by Asimb0mb

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Another new addition for Ps5 version is that you can invade/be invaded in an area the boss has been defeated. This helped me so much get me back to PWWT once I'd done everything on my first playthrough. 

• Like 1