Is this platinum harder now?

LethalLuke1993

I’d say the answer is, it depends. While completing the Leviathan raid on Prestige difficulty wasn’t easy, it was also something that any player could attempt without excessive grinding as the entry requirements weren’t particularly hard to achieve. Also, those requirements didn’t change every season. Once you hit the required power level you were good forever.

Grandmaster on the other hand, while perhaps being easier than a raid (that’s debatable IMO), is something you cannot even enter without hitting an extremely high power level within the confines of one season (3 months), something that will require a substantial amount of grinding and time (I’d estimate 100+ hours minimum) to achieve. Once (and if) you reach the required level you then have to find two others of equal or higher level since there’s no matchmaking. You can forget about soloing it unless you are one of the super-elite types, and frankly I don’t think anyone should be throwing out “you can solo it” as some sort of justification that it’s easier. Soloing Grandmaster Nightfalls is hard as nails, so if you can solo it then you’re in limited company.

From a complexity perspective it’s easier, from a time perspective it’s not. I’d much rather do Prestige Leviathan than grind the game until my eyes bleed trying to get my gear maxed out and my artifact to 20+ just so I could suffer through a strike where the difficulty is entirely based on the enemies being vastly overpowered, where even the weak enemies can kill you in 1-2 shots, and where a wipe kicks you to orbit so you have to start over. IMO Grandmaster is the opposite of fun and completely not worth the time. If you don’t have The Prestige already, I don’t envy you.

On 12/9/2020 at 1:24 AM, Swotam said:

I’d say the answer is, it depends. While completing the Leviathan raid on Prestige difficulty wasn’t easy, it was also something that any player could attempt without excessive grinding as the entry requirements weren’t particularly hard to achieve. Also, those requirements didn’t change every season. Once you hit the required power level you were good forever.

Grandmaster on the other hand, while perhaps being easier than a raid (that’s debatable IMO), is something you cannot even enter without hitting an extremely high power level within the confines of one season (3 months), something that will require a substantial amount of grinding and time (I’d estimate 100+ hours minimum) to achieve. Once (and if) you reach the required level you then have to find two others of equal or higher level since there’s no matchmaking. You can forget about soloing it unless you are one of the super-elite types, and frankly I don’t think anyone should be throwing out “you can solo it” as some sort of justification that it’s easier. Soloing Grandmaster Nightfalls is hard as nails, so if you can solo it then you’re in limited company.

From a complexity perspective it’s easier, from a time perspective it’s not. I’d much rather do Prestige Leviathan than grind the game until my eyes bleed trying to get my gear maxed out and my artifact to 20+ just so I could suffer through a strike where the difficulty is entirely based on the enemies being vastly overpowered, where even the weak enemies can kill you in 1-2 shots, and where a wipe kicks you to orbit so you have to start over. IMO Grandmaster is the opposite of fun and completely not worth the time. If you don’t have The Prestige already, I don’t envy you.

Thanks for the explanations. So next season the recommended level of grandmaster will increase along with max power? That makes this trophy impossible... I will just get the other ones and be done with it...

5 hours ago, Jeanmarkhere said:

So next season the recommended level of grandmaster will increase along with max power?

That is correct. If you look at the entry requirements for Grand Master this season, next season will probably be 50 points higher and you’ll need to restart the grind at the beginning of each season. It’s not impossible, but it requires a significant time commitment to hit the required level within that 3 month period while still having sufficient time to actually complete the strike before the season ends. It ain’t easy.