How are you guys going about "Master Marksman"?

If you haven't started the quest in Devil's Pit, I found a rock that you can stand behind and not get hit just like you could originally using the gate. It is just on the left as you enter through the gates between a broken wagon and the first tent. This allows you to agro the entire group by running a loop through the camp then pick them off as they get stuck in front of the rock. I was getting fairly consistent headshots as two of them would get stuck between the tree and the wagon a few feet in front of me, and the rest would fill in as you kill them, so it is a pretty easy shot. 

It seems you need to keep at least one of them alive in order for them all to respawn, so just leave one, fast travel away and come back. I killed them all and now they are no longer spawning for me, so I'll have to use the Skellige method to get the rest I guess.

The easiest method for me is this, I did this post game...

1. Change the difficulty to "story". You can then clear your skill tree using the potion (potions available to purchase from the merchant in Novigrad in the Gildorf region (close to Passiflora).
  2. Assign skills to Lightning Reflexes and Anatomical Knowledge. Also under general, assign these skills - Crossbow and Trick shot.
  3. Travel to Oxenfurt
  4. Provoke a guard, anywhere in Oxenfurt, once you do that (either by using a sign around them or attempting to punch them). Once provoked, tons of guards start to follow you.
  5. Use a low damage sword (if you have an overpowered sword, switch to a lower DPS sword, make sure you do not have bleeding \ burning \ poison effects on that sword). Strike the guards with this low damage sword to reduce their health a bit
  6. Headshot these guards, should be an easy kill. And with tons of them around you, you get the kills fast too (You get a kind of a screen shake each time you get the headshot right)
  7. Use standard arrows, they work just fine. Do not use the ones that start the bleeding.

I have gotten a platinum thrice for the Witcher 3. The first 2 times, I got the Marksman trophy at the devils pit, and that was a real grind, with having to meditate and what not. This time around, in Oxenfurt, I got the trophy in about 30 mins.

Once you get the trophy, you may reload the save so that you have the same set of skills you had before your attempted this trophy.

Edited by MadPax5000

I did the following and achieved this trophy under 30 mins.

1. Go to the location in Skellige where to the two enemies spawn infinitely.

2. Change the difficulty to Story and Sword.

3. Unequip swords and fight barefisted.

4. ONE heavy hit and ONE crossbow bolt (not headshot, just a regular bodyshot) on both the enemies.

5. Throw Enhanced Northern Wind bomb ( Northern Wind also works fine) when both of them are close together. They will freeze.

6. Headshot both of them. They should die in one hit. 

7. Run around to respawn the enemies.

8. Rinse and Repeat.

No need to invest skill points in any abilities.

If you are not sure if you hit a headshot or not, keep in mind the camera shake. When you hit a headshot the camera shakes a lot.

I got the trophy in 20 minutes with this method.

Let me know, if this helped.

Cheers!!!!

Edited by gambit_shady

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2022 at 3:41 AM, Bloke said:

Not sure if this works on the PS5 version, however it proved useful on the PS4 version. The devils pit never worked for me, so I used this video instead.

Thank you for this video! This was so helpful! This video still worked as of 2/22/23

• Like 1