"In Good Claws" Buggy

Hi everyone, just a quick spoiler-free PSA about the trophy "In Good Claws" which bugged for me on my main save.

The trophy is very simple: Purchase shell insurance from Shellfish Desires in New Carcinia, which you get to quite early into the game. On my main playthrough, I strangely neglected to do this until I was pretty much finished with the game. For some reason, the trophy didn't unlock, even after purchasing insurance for every single shell in the game. I had to start a fresh save in order to get this trophy, and it unlocked fine. It was the very first thing I did when I reached New Carcinia, so in order to avoid this trophy potentially locking for you, I recommend unlocking it as soon as you get there.

On another note, the trophy for defeating the second to last boss didn't pop until I defeated the final boss as well. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but heads up for that one.

I have no idea what caused it to lock. Assist mode doesn't make a difference. Must just be a bug relating to how late game I insured a shell. Not sure. I've also heard the trophies Avatar of Waste, Make it Shine, Shellslike, Shell Seeker and Well-Adapted are buggy for some people as well, but I cannot confirm or deny this as I had no issues with any of them.

• Like 1

Shell insurance was one of my random ones not popping either.

It seems to be there are several achievements/trophies that are just randomly bugging for people. Devs seem to already be working on it. I just stopped playing for now and will wait for the udpate.

2 hours ago, PKBatman said:

"The Oceans Agony" trophy didn't pop for me after beating that boss. First glitchy one I've encountered. 

The same happened to me as mentioned in the post. However, it shortly popped after 

Spoiler

beating the first phase of the final boss.