Tip for Hot-Blooded Mode

I found that my attack strength was very poor about halfway through my run on hot-blooded difficulty, even after upgrading my stats and using the best items I could find. Fortunately, in the battle with Lu Bu/Misuzu, she will sometimes drop an item called General's Lipstick which greatly increases your stats. There are some more powerful items but they're very expensive, so I suggest saving before fighting Lu Bu, and retrying the battle if she doesn't drop it, in order to ensure getting the lipstick item.

I can't even defeat the 1st chapter boss on hot blooded difficulty beacause i only deal 1 damage per hit on him, even ultimate attacks don(t deal more damege.

Do you have any tips?

12 hours ago, Coltou said:

I can't even defeat the 1st chapter boss on hot blooded difficulty beacause i only deal 1 damage per hit on him, even ultimate attacks don(t deal more damege.

Do you have any tips?

I had the same problem when I started my hot-blooded run and I realized my stats were way too low. This is normal as there is a big difficulty jump from hard to hot-blooded.

First, you may want to grind up to level 99 if you're not already there (I think that when I started my hot-blooded run I was around level 94) to max out your stat points. I picked a place where enemies were predictable and equipped Dual Knuckle because it is an easy two-punch combo that knocks opponents away so you can keep safe space around you.

You may also want to farm coins using this method to get better equipment from the hidden merchants if needed, because equipment is also a major factor. Hopefully you've kept your most powerful equipment pickups from previous playthroughs. I realized well into my hard run that my equipment was too weak because I hadn't needed it during the lower difficulties and didn't pay any attention to it. Fortunately I had a lot of good pickups and once I experimented with different combinations I was able to greatly improve my stats.

Here are my final stats that I had at level 99 before the final boss.

Stat Allotment: punch 75, kick 75, weapon 75, throw 75, intelligence 56  luck 66, endurance 75 (stat points cap out so you can't max all attributes to 75)

Health 954

Focus 500

Punch 914

Kick 477

Weapon 209

Throw 238

Intelligence 201

Luck 326

Endurance 444

You can see that you need to boost your stats far above what us possible through stat points alone to reach some of these numbers, which must be done through equipment. My final equipment was as follows.

Braggar's Helm w/ War Logs: None Lv4 and Soul of Generals Lv2

Byakko's Cuirass DX w/ Bravery Lv3 and Soul of Protection Lv2

Xingtian's Gauntlets w/ Soul of Punches Lv5 and War Logs: Weapon Lv5

Byakko's Shoes DX w/ Soul of Kicks Lv3 and Field Expert Lv3

General's Lipstick w/ Soul of Generals Lv7 and Soul of Luck Lv6

Xingtian's Rosary (no bonus effects but it raised my health by another 150)

Having high health and punches was crucial for me against the bosses. Most regular enemies I was able to put down with only two or three hits. The General's Lipstick alone increased my health by 300, more than doubled my luck and punch strength, and nearly doubled my endurance above what is possible with all the other items I listed  combined, so it is worth going out of your way to get.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your detailed message. :)

Maybe the hot blooded route is too hard on hot blodoed difficulty, i think i'm gonna restart and go for another route, since 2 of the brothers are easy to kill, but the last one takes only 1 damage per hit...

It took me half an hour to  deplete only 1/5 of his health bar, then i gave up.

I tried again multiple times using different builds focusing on punch and critical, trying different techniques or ultimates but nothing works.

Here's my stats and equipement (some of it  only in french because there's no english available in my version ans i don(t know how it shoud be translated):

Level 99: punch 75, kick 75, weapon 47, throw 75, intelligence 75  luck 75, endurance 75 

Health  999

Focus 450

Punch 672

Kick 333

Weapon 256

Throw 135

Intelligence 171

Luck 198

Endurance 564

Coiffe de Byakko: soul of generals 3
Plâtre de chevalier: resilience 3, soul of protection 5
Gants de voyou: soul of fists 4, écrits armes 2
Bottes de vélocité: pas légers 3, expert 2
Obi double dragon: combat au sommet 4, soul of generals 2
Suzaku bracer EX: combat au sommet 3, soul of generals 2

I love this game and i really want to beat hot blooded difficulty, but maybe romance route and comedy route bosses are easier than hot blooded route.

I'll try it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Coltou said:

Ok, i went for romance route, only one boss instead of the three brothers, i obliterated him in no time.

I did the Romance route when I played through hot-blooded, too. You may still find it necessary to get some powerful equipment, but not until around chapter 3 or 4 (and by then the enemies give more money and xp so it's easier).

• Like 1