Problem with account syncing and not unlocking some trophies

I payed this game already on steam at its release and got some achivements, specifically "Full Billow" achivement. Now I wanted to plat it on PS5 and for some reason, this trophy won't unlock for me. Someone said that this is the problem for players that already played this game on other platform and got this (and som other) achivement(s). Game won't properly sinc achivements from steam/xbox on PS5 for some reason and even though you have met requierments for trophy  it won't unlock because game thinks you already have it.

Posted (edited)

This specific trophy is fairly buggy and will just randomly pop for you after a while it seems, it happened to me after a few hour long session while sails were fully raised and at an outpost, if I remember correctly I had the same issue on PC on an alt account but eventually I got it - majority of trophies wont autopop but the ones that do are the "one time only" ones. The only one currently bugged for me that falls into this category and didn't pop is the one for earning 10 commendations, the rest seems to be perfectly fine (the ones for getting certain milestones/levels in factions came a few days after its "official" release for me). They've been pretty good at fixing Steam achievements in the past so I'm sure they'll (hopefully) have a fix for it after a while.

Edited by Secret

I got commendation trophy last night but not after 10 commendation but after like 30 or 40, and yes I had some commendations from before, I don't know how this didn't bug for me. But Full Billow still didn't pop for me, I went and check my xbox profile and I got this achivement back in the 2021. So for some reason game thinks that I have this on PS and it wont' unlock for me. I tried just sailing with full wind and doing nothing else, still nothing. There is definetly problem between syncing PS acc with Microsoft. And them not leting you to re-link your PS acc with another (fresh) Microsoft acc is just absurd. So we are just stuck here, waiting for devs mercy to fix this for us.

Last night I was running merchant alliance stuff and my counter went up to 20/100, so 2 commendations I unlocked finally counted. So I aways figured the only commendations that counted are like original launch base game commendations.

do you remember what you were doing when you got the trophy for commendations?

I agree, it’s stupid we can’t unlink and relink to various other accounts and start fresh if we wanted. 

1 hour ago, MrMetMrZep2087 said:

Last night I was running merchant alliance stuff and my counter went up to 20/100, so 2 commendations I unlocked finally counted. So I aways figured the only commendations that counted are like original launch base game commendations.

do you remember what you were doing when you got the trophy for commendations?

I agree, it’s stupid we can’t unlink and relink to various other accounts and start fresh if we wanted. 

I really don't know which one counted and which didn't, but it is possible that only from original launch are counted towards this trophy.