Easy way to get Legendary trophy - exploit

Underbelly90

Hi Guys,

This forum seems to be dead, but for anyone that is still looking to platinum this game (like myself), I found an easy way to get the Legendary trophy which involves winning the premiership in a standard AFL season on the hardest difficulty, with max quarter length and extreme injuries without simming.

Normally this would be an incredible drag as you'll have to play 22 full length games plus finals on the hardest difficulty but there is an exploit to let the AI play the entire season for you and have it pop this trophy.

To do this, you'll need to do the following for each match after starting a new AFL season with your team selected as controlled by the player with the settings set as required for the trophy:

1. Select your team to control before each match and start game.

2. As soon as the game is about to start (just before the first bounce is what I did), pause the game and press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller and turn off your controller.

3. Once your controller is turned off, simply press the PlayStation button again to turn on your controller and resume the match.

If done correctly, you'll find you are no longer controlling the team you are using and you would not have been prompted to re-select your team. From here, you can simply leave the game to play itself, the only thing you'll need to do is press X a couple of times after each quarter to continue. If your team looks like they are going to lose, press the PlayStation button on your controller and quit out of the game before it finishes and the game won't count. You can go back into the game and retry that match using the steps above until you win. It's recommended you use a high rated team for the season (e.g. Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn etc) so you end up with a greater chance of winning each game.

NOTE: To ensure this trophy pops, YOU MUST take control of your team just before the final siren of the Grand Final game and win. If you leave the AI to win without controlling your team. this trophy won't pop. If you forget to control your team for a little bit at the end and the game finishes, quit out of the game and restart BEFORE going back into the season menu.

This should ensure that you get one of the toughest and most grinding trophies out there in AFL Live and this also stacks with a few other trophies. The Professionals and Amateur's Hour will unlock as these season trophies stack and the one for winning 5 games in a row in Professional difficulty will also unlock.

I also found that if you have a player mid way into the season who has already kicked 100 goals and you take control of your team and you kick a goal yourself with that player, you can also unlock First Class Century. I found this out when I somehow managed to score a goal against another team during the season when I took control near the end.

Big up to shaunnn191 on PlaystationTrophies.org forums for finding this exploit.

Link: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/94659-afl-live-trophy-guide-amp-road-map/

• Like 3