Gold Digger Challenge Help

I'm not sure who needs to hear this but figuring it out saved some of my sanity.

Start on chapter 2 of Shadow over Mystara (Village of Trintan) and run upwards into the first house you see for a secret area. yFJon0U.png

Once you're inside, kill the skeletons and approach the chests from the bottom as shown in the 2nd screenshot below:

TmZ5Wdr.png

Open the chest with (X) and keep pressing it to "open again".

My biggest problem was hitting the chest from the side like a monkey and not actually opening it properly. After opening the 3 of them (the bottom chest can't be approached from the bottom, not sure if you can open it) be sure to go outside and let you character die instead of quitting to the menu, as your progress will not be saved if you do. I found the best way to die quick is spamming desperation attacks (X + O) on enemies, then letting them finish you off with an attack. Pressing Circle (O) will also allow the death timer to expire faster.

• Like 1

I did 90% of this challenge by accident, it took me a long time to understand what needed to get the rest. I currently have 93% of the treasures in Shadow over Mystara, this game is killing me, the information on the internet is all scattered, fucking mess...