You Are Nothing - Tips for Trophy

Meteor-Strike-x

One method to get this trophy is to focus on killing the Slime Boss in Act 1.
Since it only has 140hp, Ironclad is capable of bursting this amount of damage in one turn, given the right RNG.

• Restart your run until you get this boss
  •  Potions you buy in the shop or received as a reward are central to this strategy. Flex potions, duplicate potions, Attack potions... basically anything that gives you extra draw, strength or offensive for this one turn. Discard any potions that don't. Entropic Brew and Distilled Chaos are really good. In the Shop, you can also buy any offense/utility card that may boost this strategy.
  •  Do not pick any Block related cards or exhaust-based strategy cards, do not heal at rest points. Removal of Defense cards is useful. Upgrade anything you can at every rest opportunity. You can have critically low hp when fighting Slime Boss it won't matter since you have to defeat him in one turn anyway or reset, so don't hesitate to waste HP on the way to the boss. Likewise, Neow's Lament is better than Max HP in this strategy. Disregard any Max HP buff.
  •  It is worth fighting as many normals and elites as possible to get more interesting options of cards/artifacts/gold for the shop.
  •  0 cost cards like Clash and Anger are interesting here as long as you have enough draw. Upgraded card that cost 0 and brings draw are also interesting such as Infernal Blade, Havoc or Warcry. An upgraded Flex is good too.
  •  Try to put at least one vulnerability during the boss fight either with ThunderClap or Bash if you have extra energy. Shockwave is a bit too expensive since we don't need the Weak and we need damage. Same applies to any weak-effect cards.
  •  Utilities such as Offrande, Battle Trance and Double Tap are also very good (upgrade these in priority). Spot the Weakness can't be used and Inflame is too expensive compared to Flex.
  •  For Offense, any high damage 1 cost card is good. Dropkick, Twin-strike, Wild Strike...  Sever Soul or Heavy Blade are good options too. Basic strikes are a bit too weak so avoid them if you can. Overall, adapt your offense cards to the best combo you can make. For e.g: Bludgeon might be a bad pick if you are planning to use Double Tap and only have 3 energy.

Most of my runs I was able to put the boss at 50% hp, in some other runs it only had few HPs left.. until I had a good combo of potions and cards to win.
You will still need a good amount of RNG to get this right but this is an Act I boss, it is fairly easy to try and reset. 

Edited by Meteor-Strike-x
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I found this can/should be combined with Minimalist (finish game with 5 cards in your deck or less), The Transient (kill the Transient before they fade away) and Perfect (kill a boss without taking damage).

Essentially, I focused on building an infinite deck for Minimalist, and the other trophies just came along with it. I even got the 'You Are Nothing' on the Awakened One in Act 3 after beating his first form (and ignoring the cultists). It popped before the full fight (beating the second form) was over.

My deck consisted of:

Double Tap+

Dropkick+

Shrug It Off+

Bash+

Defend

• Like 3

• 3 months later...