Thoughts on this game in general?

Incognito_D

Pretty satsfied with this game given that it was a Kickstarter from a small team.

My biggest gripe would probably be that I think they should have toned down the craziness of the tracks slightly. There are a lot of twisty sections and blind corners which aren't much fun to navigate. The tracks themselves also felt a bit long compared to those of Wipeout, and longer = harder to memorise.

I also wasn't really a fan of having a custom loadout rather than random pick-ups like in Wipeout. The system in Wipeout whether you could either use an item or absorb it to regain health was so good.

In Pacer, even if you drove over a shield regen pad, there was no animation/ sound effect or anything to make it apparent that you had done so.

What did everyone else think?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just earned the Platinum; here are my general thoughts.

Good stuff first; it's a pretty solid anti-grav racer and it scratched the WipEout itch for me for the duration. Soundtrack popped pretty hard when I could actually hear it. The campaign was a lot of fun to play through with a decent amount of variety in modes / tracks / speed classes, and I would say that it was pretty adequately challenging overall (except for that damn last set of races). I liked the amount of customisation possible with the ships, even though I didn't really spend too much time with it.

The not so good - custom loadouts for weapons didn't really grip me as much as picking up random weapons; would definitely have preferred that as well as some proper feedback when picking something up. I had issues with the menus / UI as well as how the campaign was structured; some of the events were really confusing with their requirements and the optional objectives for the teams were just as unclear (and didn't matter at all).

And of course, there's the trophy collecting element. Once the campaign was over, I'd racked up 6,000 KM in total. When I saw how much was needed for the Globetrotter trophy, I was floored. If not for the out-of-bounds glitch I probably would have given up on this game a long time ago haha.

I think it's definitely worth a play if you're a WipEout fan or want to play something like it - but if you're aiming for the Platinum, strap yourself in because it's a damn long and boring one.

• Like 3