Out of Bounds Glitch

KalamityKode

Hi all,

I've seen plenty of people talk about glitches with the Gold trophy. My issue is that two candles are stuck way out of bounds in the air for some reason, and I've tried everything to get them down. I've tried hunting for them with platforms to "rescue" them, but they're too high up. I've tried manually saving and reloading, closing the game, etc. When I try to select them, it just bounces me to another object that's closest to them.

Anyone have any tips for this? Like others, I'd really prefer not to have to play through the entire game again just to get these last few turned gold lol.

Well, I wasn't able to find the answer anywhere but for those reading in the future: I accidentally solved the glitch not too long after posting. Turns out if someone is way outside the map, all you have to do is hover over them in the character menu (right on the d-pad) and wait. Do not hit X to select them, just hover over them so that it actively shows you where they are but doesn't give you control of them.

When they're selected in this manner, they will start "swimming" back to the map. Took one of mine over a minute to finally get back, but eventually they did.

Additional notes for those struggling:

• I was able to get my snowman back to a full-sized snowman just by rolling him to the winter area, saving, closing the game, and reopening the game. I've seen people mention he was a problem, but I didn't have any issues.
  • You do not need to get each individual type of fruit gold, just each character on the main character menu (whether they are poop or fruit, doesn't matter). 
  • The Pillow needs to be turned gold as well. To do this, eat it with a tree at night (but don't get too close or your tree will fall asleep) then turn the pillow gold once it's become a fruit.

Got my plat and I am never re-downloading this game. Good luck!

• Like 3