Mission 5 Alien Campaing Nightmare. How?

Ivotas

Hey guys, me again stuck at yet another final level. I'm currently unable to beat the Elite Predator with my biggest problem beign his grab. Sometimes he grabs me at half health and I manage to escape. Sometimes he grabs me at full health and instakills me. His grabs look the same so I don't think that he has a different attack here. Meaning I fail at escaping. I've been hammering all the buttons but had little success. Is there any way I can protect myself from this?

All in all this level is really hurting my eyes and making me feel dizzy. First person perspective is IMO not a good idea neither for melee fights nor for controlling someone who crawls any surface. I really envy all you guys who can move around as Xenomorph quickly without feeling sick.^^'

Edited by Ivotas

Hello again ?

This tip won't be nearly as useful as the last one I gave you, but I hope it can be helpful somehow.

If I remember correctly the Elite Predator is alone against you and some friendly AI. What I did was spamming heavy attacks to keep him stuck in a consecutive chain of stun locks. The heavy attack of the Alien is slightly faster than the Predator one. With the right timing and constant pressure the Elite Predator will not be able to counter it. And when he has low health, grab him.

If he manage to escape, just back up and run away from him. Keep the block stance as he will usually perform a jump attack (which can be blocked), block it and counter it with a light attack. Then repeat the heavy spam.

TL;DR: just spam the heavy attack really quick.

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback. 

I'm already using the heavy attack with good results. I'm just not good with the timing so spamming is not something I can do yet. I actually had him on low health but failed to grab him so he recharged his health and then he grabbed me. In the other attemps I also alway go down because of the grabs. So I was hoping there's a way to deal with that.

But you actually already helped me by saying that the Alien can actually block attacks. I didn't even know that. Thank you very much for letting me know. It never seemed like an option because so far I've only dealt with projectiles. I'll see if I can put that to some use.^^

• Like 1