Please allow account migration

Hello,

Since we are in 2022 and SONY still doesn't allow us to migrate the PSN accounts to our real country of residence (JESUS...for real?), I would like to point that Leaderboards section is not very accurate when it comes to Country Ranks, and I will explain why.

When looking to my country Romania, you can see that number 1 in the Leaderboards has Level 813, which doesn't reflect the reality at all.

Given that Romania received full support from SONY in 2014 (including PlayStation Store, etc), all accounts registered to Romania are from 2014 or newer. Of course that we are all using Romanian accounts now, but only if we created them after 2014.

There are thousands of other PSN profiles from Romanian users (older than 2014), registered on different countries (most of them US and UK), but they definitely belong to Romanian players based in Romania, who are just not willing to give up on their main accounts where they have purchased games and unlocked trophies long before SONY officially came to Romania.

For example a friend of mine from Bucharest has PSN account registered on US (ever since PSN and trophies existed, long before Romania got support) and he is almost PSN level 1150. He is of course counting in US leaderboards.

Now, my question is:

Is it possible to somehow allow users to choose their profile country here, on the website, and not keep it linked to PSN account country?

For example like TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies are doing it, you can link your PlayStation profile to the website profile but choose your real country of residence.

Otherwise, the Leaderboards don't reflect the reality at all, they are just showing some time-related ranking which is a clear disadvantage for many users. How can we know there is no guy from Romania, Bulgaria or Croatia who can be top10 on Global Leaderboards but he is listed under a fake address?

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Edited by lXanderROl
  • Like 1