Suggestion: Flag unobtainable trophies

torsov

As the years have gone on and more online games have been reduced to the server graveyard, many trophies have become permanently unobtainable by newcomers or backloggers. It's a shame, but what can you do? What IS going to happen more and more, however is these trophies clogging up site resources like the Trophy Advisor, and seriously skew completion percentages. and unearned trophies counts. Now, these trophies shouldn't be removed from the completion percentage, or leaderboards. The people who already completed them should not have their stats skewed by any medling. 

What I suggest is a system for flagging trophies as "unavailable", so that they can be taken off the Trophy Advisor. In the visual progress bars for calculating completion the end of the bar could be coloured black, or some other colour, to indicate that your (for example) 85% completion is as good as it gets unless servers go back online. Such a flag should probably be conservative, so that "impossible" trophies (like some of Badland's where people suspected some trophies were glitched) don't get tagged unless verified by someone related to the development of the game. 

I think it would improve the site's utility, effectiveness, and make user's hunts easier.

What do you think?

The site itself has no repository of trophies marked unobtainable. There is a thread started to tie into PSNP+ to show them, but the definition PSNP+ is using is not context aware and doesn’t account for things like patch rollbacks or other situations. 

Trophy Advisor being aware of which trophies are “potentially unobtainable” would be helpful for those that use that to guide them, but I would also assume the cross section of people using Trophy Advisor and then reading a guide anyway, which should have unobtainable trophies noted, is going to have a lot of overlap. 

Anyway, this suggestion has been started here:

The conversation around this suggestion can continue in that thread.