Survive the Authority Tips (Spoiler Free)

Okay.

After a couple of hours of banging my head against this wall, I've got a solution for anyone who, like me, essentially had the most vanilla character possible. (I'm talking no 4 heart perks for your partner, no new weapon styles and no fancy magic). 

The only thing you need equipped is Cinque's grenades and you're set. 

Big Tip 1: This is RNG based. I never had a clue when the boss would activate their Tulpa or when they'd use a different move or why.

Big Tip 2: I could only survive 2 hits, and the third would kill me. If you've been hit twice, don't give up. RNJesus might still be there.  

Big Tip 3: Remember, 1 attack on the boss will not hurt them. Both the boss and their Tulpa will require the 2nd hit to deal damage. Your partner will always attack first which means the grenades are what deal the damage.

THE PLAN

STEP 1: BOOST Cinque and your partner. Make sure Cinque is using her Grenades+ and your partner is using their Sniper Rifle+.

STEP 2: Have your partner run straight down to the bottom block of their row. (Boss will teleport to your partner but if their Tulpa does not appear, and they don't use grenades, the boss will not be able to touch your partner).

STEP 3: Have Cinque run down one block short of the bottom of her row, you'll be directly to the diagonal upper left of your partner. Your Partner will do 0 damage but your grenades will do 20 (14 if unboosted and 4 if RNG hates you).

STEP 4: Move your partner straight up 5 blocks. The boss will only run 3, if they don't summon their tulpa. I usually left Cinque on the left side at the third block up (as long as the boss is in a 2 block radius from Cinque your grenades will hit).

STEP 5: Move your partner straight down 5 blocks. 

STEP 6: Move your partner straight up 5 blocks. By this point, Cinque will need to meditate. By keeping her motionless in the other steps, she'll actually recover a small amount of stamina that will get you 3 boosted bombs before meditating. (It's worth meditating instead of going for that 4th hit. The turn loss for running out of stamina isn't worth it compared to how much stamina meditating recovers.) Your partner should have enough stamina to get you to the end, but for safety, I'd switch them to Pugilist to avoid any wasted Stamina on Sniper shots.

STEP 7: Repeat steps 4 and 5 (and 6 if necessary) til dead. 

Now, here are the ways RNG can hurt you. 

ONE: Whenever the Tulpa randomly decides to show itself, Your partner will get hit. They won't be able to out speed the boss AND because the sniper rifle won't hit on the same tile, you will not do any damage that turn, just wasting stamina for both your characters. It's going to be frustrating, I couldn't figure out what the tells were when they'd show up, if there were any. Sometimes it will happen on the first turn, sometimes it won't. 

If you do have the 4 Star perk, I do believe you'll be able to land damage. From the footage I saw, it seems the perk attacks the same tile and 4 away. While working on the platinum, I'll be able to confirm that and let ya'll know.  Edit: So while it does allow the potential for 2 hits, the enemy either shocked me, which took away my partners turn, or enchanted, which seemed to nullify all damage.

OneA: If the Tulpa shows up, they'll use one of 3 moves.

1) Shock - You do no damage and your partner is paralyzed during the next turn. You're gonna get hit. I'd recommend moving Cinque an extra block down because she'll get hit by the grenade (meaning double damage).

2) Enchantment - Best Case Scenario. The enchantment ends their turn with no damage given or received. 

3) Grenade/Halberd - You're getting hit. It's going to hurt doing anywhere from 30 to 50 damage.

Two: The boss uses Grenades instead of Halberd. If they use Halberd, you'll always be out of range of being hit (assuming the Tulpa doesn't show up). If they use Grenade, you will be getting hit. In my RNG, if they used Grenade once, especially in the first 2 turns, they were going to do it again, and probably a third time. I wasn't able to heal and recoup stamina fast enough to make up for this. Chances are your run will end quickly. (Also, Cinque being in range for the bosses grenades means Cinque is in range for their grenades.)

That should do it! Now go beat the game!!

Edited by DevilJet
Updated If the boss uses grenades. Updated 4 star perk segment.
  • Like 4