To continue or not to continue? The point of no return!

Hey guys, I've got yet another question about the confusing progression in this game. I'm about to defeat my third boss in playthrough one (Joker) but I'm a bit worried what to do next.

The guide here says:

"After you have defeated all 3 sub-bosses and bosses, your next initiative is to go the Lighthouse. You will be prompted if you would like to continue. DO NOT PRESS CONTINUE! Instead, check your list on the Batcomputer by pressing . If there are any Detective Case collectibles that have not been completed,..."

The IF part confuses me. I know from the get go, that I haven't completed most of them. Also pressing select lets you just see the map and inventory. This doesn't really explain how to proceed without messing things up in a way to require an additional playthrough on top of the 3 required already.

Also the guide on playstationtrophies.org says:

"Towards the end of the game you’ll be prompted with a point of no return message. It's okay to proceed but after the end of the game you'll have the option to Continue or start NG+, make sure you hit Continue on your save file if you haven't completed your collectables side quests."

This instruction pretty much seems straight forward. I'm just curious how this guide says to hit continue, while the other one says I should not. I really wouldn't like to mess things up to end up with more than three playthroughs. So I was hoping for some clarification.

That's the thing, can I even get all the items now or do I have to progress further? I know that for the final Zombie suit component I have to get to the Arkham section. But I don't know about the other stuff.

Basically my original question is not just if I should continue ir not, but also if I am at a stage where I can get all things or do I still have to unlock stages/get further upgrades.

I really wouldn't like to now start focusing completely on collecting only to find out, that I still cannot get everything that can be collected on my first playthrough.