"The Friend Zone" trophy is still bugged

BidoofsDad

I've found myself in an odd situation and am just curious if anyone that has experienced the same, has found a solution?

I've played off and on since 2017, and have played NUMEROUS games with friends in quickplay and even some in competitive, but to this day, the trophy still hasn't popped. It is literally the last trophy I need for the platinum and 100% (that's right, the 3rd most common trophy in the game, is what is holding me back.)

I have tried so many different things to try and get this to pop. I've deleted save data, uninstalled the game, played in groups ranging from 2 of us all the way to 6, played with a friend who was on PC, hosted groups, joined others, literally anything I could think of to try and pop the trophy, yet nothing has worked.

On top of that, Blizzard Support has just been absolute trash and I felt like they were just trying to push me out the door the whole time. The only bit of help I was given was that "the devs are aware of it, but unsure why it happens, as its only in rare occasions." I was then advised to bump other peoples forum posts, and post a bug report of my own. But I have 0 faith that they are actually going to try and fix it, as the earliest post on their I saw, was from 2018. They also said they think it's on PlayStation's end, yet I've seen reports of people having issues with it on Xbox as well. 

On top of that, I literally can not find anyone who has found a solution, I've scoured so many different forums, even YouTube comments, and the only responses are always "having the same issue" not one has been provided a solution.

So I'm just reaching out here as well, in hopes by some chance, that someone has a solution to this. I really don't want this to just sit at 98% once Overwatch 2 takes over, but I have a feeling Blizzard isn't gonna do anything about it. Just sucks that it's all do to one of the easiest trophies in the game.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!