Is Coaching Royalty bugged?

aajpity

I saw guides pointing to Ottawa and Chicago. I've played entire seasons and simmed seasons over 40 times now and haven't gotten it. Ottawa is literally the worst team if you sim with them, but when you pick a different team, they always make the playoffs. I think this trophy is bugged because I've spent over 60 hours on it with no luck.

• 3 months later...

Just got the trophy (and platinum) today. 

I played with the San Jose Sharks with the official EA roster from 22 October 2021.  Turn off all settings and make 100% sure that CPU-to-CPU trades are turned off, it'll make the season much easier. Make sure injuries are off, too. Now, it's time to start simming. Just make sure the Sharks aren't too far behind in the playoff standings and you should be fine. If you are jockeying for a playoff spot with another team, for example, I was in a race with Calgary, play all of your games against Calgary on Rookie just to ensure 2 points.

Another thing, don't make any trades. Since the CPU trades will be turned off, the rating of teams will be static. Typically, the Jack Adams is given to the lowest-rated team that makes the playoffs. So, just don't risk bumping up your rating via trades. On this roster, the Sharks will be the 3rd worst team, just ahead of Buffalo and Arizona.

At the last game of the season, make a save file to reload into if the trophy doesn't pop once the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Hope this helps!