Tourist trophy

MrTrivet

Hey guys, I'm looking for some clarification & discussion around Tourist trophy (visit all maps). I've just did my 4th playthrough and either I'm missing something vital or the trophy is bugged.

For the context, I've started the game with tutorial location, visited all main & side missions, got Fidel, retrieved alien gun from crash site. I've found 2 short guides on TrueAchievements and the Xbox guys mentioned that ambushes are also relevant. I've been experimenting with this a bit and I believe there are only 3 ambush maps (one with 3 level ridge, jungle thicke & open crossroads) - I've got screenshot of all of them if anyone's interested. I'm positive I've played them and I believe the maps are tied to the specific points on map.

I might've missed 1 convoy since it spawned right after progressing to phase three w/o the possibility to catch it, but still I believe it happens on the same maps as enemy ambushes. 

So, to anyone who actually managed to get this trophy:

- is there a 4th ambush map I somehow failed to play during my playthroughs?

- are enemy ambush & convoy attack maps treated separately for this trophy, even though they look exactly the same?

- is there any hidden map marker that might be relevant for this trophy?

I'm lost, any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by MrTrivet

Yes, the trophy is badly bugged. It popped for me on either my 2nd or 3rd playthrough (can't remember now) after I entered the Harbor (even though the Harbor is required to progress the story). The pics below are the ones I encountered, I heard on the Steam forums and on a German trophy website that there is a supposed 4th location but I have no recollection of it. To my knowledge there are 3 maps but depending on the enemy count it makes them unique. For example Forest with Straight Path has a map with 6 enemies, 8 enemies and a convoy, so they count as 3 separate maps (even though they are the same). So in total there are 3 maps but you need to encounter 8-10 ambush/convoy maps. I say 8-10 since I don't know if the phase 2 & 3 convoys count as the same maps but to be safe I'd try to encounter both maps in each phase.

What I did was while I played the game normally, in each phase I would make a back-up save just for ambushes and convoys. Then I would load up one of the saves, then enter the convoy or ambush, make a new save and repeat. I did this for an hour or so because at the time there was little to no information on how many maps were in the game and of course it's glitched. I believe you do not need to complete them but you can try that as well. I guess you could also make back-up saves of areas your just about to enter like the Harbor, Secret Place, Jungle, etc.

EDIT: 

I forgot to add that some users claim that where you START on a map for convoys counts as another variation but I can't confirm if this is true or not. Overall the trophy is a mess without a counter.

Phase 1 - Ambush Areas: 1 (vs. 4 enemies)

No Pic

Phase 2 - Ambush Areas: 2 (vs. 6 enemies)

Forest with Straight Path

Forest with Zig Zag Path

Phase 3 - Ambush Areas: 3 (vs. 8 enemies)

Crossroads

Forest with Zig Zag Path

Convoys (Phase 2 & 3)

Jagged-Alliance-Rage-20210417125732.jpg

Forest with Zig Zag Path

*There is supposedly a 3rd area, but I honestly don't remember entering it*

Edited by FallenRyan