An error occurred during the start operation. (80010514) (Disc Version) Solution?

SoraxTidus

Hi, I need your help with both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II for PS3 (Disc Version). I was supposed to play Assassin's Creed II for PS3 (Disc Version), but I got an error right after I inserted the game disc that says: "An error occurred during the start operation. (80010514)". I also mentioned that the same error happened with Assassin's Creed for PS3 (Disc Version) as well. Even the game disc of Assassin's Creed II was clean as well. Does anyone know how to fix it for both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II for PS3 Disc Version? I really want to play both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II for PS3 (Disc Version) I also want to play all Assassin's Creed games for PS3 as well. Please Message Me Soon. See You Later.

PS: The PS3 Slim Console that I'm using was CECH-2501A.

Check if you can play another game because that could mean that the lens is broken. If you can, try booting up in Safe Mode so you can delete any corrupted files from those games. 

To do that, just hold the power button until it sounds twice, and the menu comes up.

Edited by Jeanoltt