Trophy Thoughts?

Timmah200

I mean...I know it is just a "defeat all bosses" kind of list with two different endings, but I noticed no one has finished the game yet.

How difficult is this game?  Also, can you get both endings by re-loading a save?  It definitely interests me, but I don't want to beat my head against a wall...I welcome a well-balanced challenge, though.

The trophies are very straightforward, it's just beat all bosses, as you say. There are two endings, but they are extremely obvious and can be done post final boss by backing up your save file.

The game itself is a lot of fun, I played 3 more NG+ loops even after getting the plat, which I don't normally do. The bosses are generally pretty easy, and you can get very strong later in the game meaning you plow through your opponents. But in a way that makes it still enjoyable to play.

The only criticism I have is the number of cheap deaths from falling from narrow platforms. The platforming itself is very easy; there aren't any crazy jumping sequences like in games like Hollow Knight. It's more that projectiles will stop your jumping momentum and many other attacks can throw you around, meaning you're often bounced off a platform to your death. In that respect, it can be frustrating at times.

Overall though it's a solid and fun game.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I'm having fun so far.  I'm around level 16-ish and have killed four bosses so far.  Does anyone know the max level?  I'm feeling OP right now with the zone I'm in, leveling mostly strength and vitality with some dex from time to time, completely ignoring focus.

I'll be sure to turn off auto uploads to the cloud when I approach end-game, which I think is that mysterious gate in Haven....

There is no max level, at least from what I can tell. However the cost to level keeps increasing, and the effects from your attributes diminish as they get higher, so after a while, you be paying very large amounts of experience for very low rewards.

You will know when to back up your save. Yes, your assumption is correct regarding the gate, but you can still explore or go back to previous areas even after beating the final boss. The game doesn't end until you explicitly decide for it to.

Minor spoiler below if you want to know the details:

After beating the final boss

Spoiler

two doors will appear in the same area, one for the good ending and one for the bad ending. You can choose which to enter whenever you like.

So, if you want to do it with a single play-through, you can back up your save after beating the last boss.

• Like 1

Sounds good!

Yeah, the diminishing returns is exactly what I'm used to from the soul's games.  Thanks for letting me know that they exist here, too.  I'll have to pay attention as I level up to see when I hit the caps.  Thank you very much for the help!