Getting Points?

Kraeftchen

This is completely irrelevant for the trophy but there is a point system in this game.

I didn't pay attention to this so far and played through all 70 boards blindly but kept wondering why my score is always 200 - 450 while the Highscore shows 2000 - 4000.

So I like to understand how it works because the game opens up to a whole other level for me now. If you also want to dig into this, take part in the discussion.

The how to play section describes you're getting bonus points when you match identical pairs in a row and also when you clear flowers or seasons in a row.

Using hints will result in 0 points overall.

I experimented a bit and this is what I found out so far. You only get bonus points when clearing all 4 in a row.

Clearing one pair gives you 2 points, clearing the 2nd pair directly afterwards will result in 4 points.

The flowers will reward you with 2 and 8 points.

The 4 seasons will reward you with 2 and 12 points.

The direction Kanji decks north 北, south 南, east 東 and west 西, with each 4 and 8 points and if you continue with another direction Kanji, the points keep multiplying. The bonus breaks with another tile cleared.

I'm not entirely sure if that's how it works but I think the red Kanji middle 中 gives only 2 and 4 points, but it will reward you with additional bonus points for the next full clear. It looked to me like factor 1.5. I haven't had the chance to test it with the direction Kanji together. 

What did you find out? Die you find any errors in my findings?

• Like 2

After playing around with it I know that it's not that straight forward. Actually, I have no idea. Sometimes I'm getting 2 points, 3 points, even 5 or 6 points for some first pair clears, the double amount for 2nds. 

But I managed 2.8k for the first time by matching all 16 directional Kanjis in a row.