Unable to use old save for new game plus

MadPax5000

I made a cloud save on my Witcher 3 PS4 and loaded that on my ps5. On this save, I have finished all primary missions and DLCs. I then attempt to start a new game plus on the ps5 version and the game tells me "game not completed" on the save I am trying to load, where infact I have. What am I doing wrong? 

From what I've gathered, you can't access them via the cloud save. You have to access the PS4 version of your game, make sure it's updated to the 4.00 version, link the game to your account via GOG (it's located in the My Rewards section on the Main Menu, it's simpler than it sounds. It'll give you a link to input and you go from there), then you load the save you wish to use and re-save it, so it's updated (and will be signified by the cloud icon on your save file). From there, you then have to load your PS5 version, link it with GOG (using the same online account), and from there, you can then access your PS4 save. 

Edited by Creasy007

Yes I have done all of that. Both on the ps4 and ps5, linked to GOG, accepted the gifts, saved on ps4 cloud, downloaded on ps5. I went through all the instructions which I found online.

what I am saying is, the save file, even though I have finished the game, says I have not and hence that save cannot be used to start a new game plus