Game/Platinum review

I have not written any reviews for a while, that is because I have been trying to do some Grundy games at the same time and this was one of them! I have a lot of things to say about this platinum while it is still fresh in my head so be prepared for a lot of paragraphs.

The first thing I have to say about this journey is I bought the kingdom hearts collection on PS3, both of them. But I never started BBS (luckily I would say) but did screw myself with a locked 1% on RECOM.

Then I bought the collections for the PS4 like 4 years ago. I never cared to platinum the games back then but UNFORTUNATELY I was up to BBS on my critical playthrough as away on the final episode and I lost my SAVE! All of them, poof, gone. I recovered some other games saves but I could not recover BBS's save file because back then the cloud storage was much more limited and you only had like 2GB or something like that. At that point I said screw it and never touched the game until now, where mistakenly decided to platinum it.

Now I start again and platinum it so I never have to play it again I think ? to myself. I will talk about all the good things first. You get to play as three playable characters which all are unique in there own ways such as Terra being more strength based, Away magic and Ven balanced. They each have a different roll and their own special abilities. Also there story's are different and some locations of levels and bosses. The shotlock ability was a good addition to the series and there are a lot you can use. The commands take a bit of getting used to but it becomes kinda fun and in a way addicting to mess around with and meld everything.

The game is good though, nothing really bothered me apart from the lock on system (it shows because it being a PSP game originally), but the game is fine. It's just if you want to platinum it. Because just playing through even on critical will just be like 45-50 hours with all 3 characters or something. If you want to platinum this monster expect to double that and add another 20 to 30 hours. 

I will warn you now what you will have to expect if you go for this 100% completion. You have to do EVERYTHING in the journal with ALL and I mean ALL 3 CHARACTERS! Make sure you know this. The only things you don't have to do repetively is the rumble races in Disney town. You only have to win the races in Disney town with 1 character to unlock them all in the arena for all characters. The other is the ice cream ? beat mini game. You have to get master for all songs with 1 character, the others have to get 4 songs each.

I guarantee you, that you will hate it by the time you are done with Terra. Now the guides say you have to do 6 playthroughs but you must put the middle finger up to that because that will drastically increase playtime. You have to beat all episodes on critical anyway, including final and secret episode. For the reports I can hint you should try going for finish commands first and work on them as you go and getting the abilities, this will help buff you up more. Thunder ⚡ surge is your friend in this game on critical.

There is a rhythm mini-game you must MASTER as well which is one of the most frustrating things in the game, I also recommend to try this first because if you don't want to have to beat most of everything only to find you get stumped on this one. It is annoying yes, I tried playing on mute but it is harder to do it that way I found because you need to hear the beats.

Everything else is just Grindy and will wear you down because like I wrote you have to do it 3 times. Then we have Mysterious figure, oh boy this guy ticked me off. When you are playing as Terra he is the biggest pain in the neck. Terra has a really slow dodge and if you are playing on critical then mysterious figure will treat him like his plaything. 

I got stuck and raged on him for days, I just couldn't beat him. Don't even try unless you are level 85+ with Terra as that's when I eventually got him. There is a fast grinding method only Terra can use. You go to the Pirate cave in Neverland, get low health, exp chance, 3 mega flares and just kill the jelly and victory pose again and again. Fastest method in game.

Anyway good luck with that boss, he spams a lot of cheap attacks and it is very luck based especially more so with Terra. I am glad the torture is over now, it was a long crazy journey and I will never play it again. Good luck for anyone trying to platinum it but if you haven't started yet and are reading this I advise you to back away.