Quick Guide

Zsolti_HUN

Welcome to

WIZARD FIRE,

a broken, sometimes annoying, but still, somehow appealing retro arcade gem!

Even though the trophy list looks quite straightforward, I thought a quick guide is needed for new players because the trophy system is broken in this game and some weird rules need to be followed to unlock all trophies. Good news is that knowing these unwritten requirements, completing the game is fairly easy! Let me explain all the trophies and their requirements.

Step 1: play over 5 mins / 30 mins / 1 hour

The game's time counter resets when you pause the game or go to the PlayStation's menu (using the PS button) so you need to play 1 hour without pausing! You can die, use continues, complete the game and start over again - as long as you don't pause the game with X + Options, it counts as one session.

Step 2: spend 20 / 150 coins

At a time, the maximum number of coins you can have is 99, so you have to play (and die) for a while to spend 150 coins in total. Should not be a problem with this as the game is designed to be hard and you will die several times. :) You can insert coins with R1.

Step 3: play "for a while" in multiplayer

You will need a second controller for this. I'm not sure about the exact requirements but it seems that standing still on one screen will not trigger the trophy. You should progress in the game with two characters, no problem if you die, just continue, and again, do not pause the game. The trophy should pop after approx. 5-10 mins.

Step 4: high score trophies

No worries, it will be easy.

Squire: earn a score high enough to register your initials. After game over, there is a screen showing the 5 heroes, with a high score for either of them. For me, playing through the first level and reaching the boss (don't even need to defeat it) provided enough score (around 13 000) to meet the requirement.

Hero: achieve a score higher than 50 000. Your score resets when you die/continue but defeating the final boss will reward you with 50 000 points which is enough for this so just play through the game using continues.

Jack of all Trades: it was a little bit annoying to figure out the requirements but here it is: you have to register a high score with all 5 characters (don't even need to play through the whole game, just earn enough to enter your initials). Even though the game saves the high scores, the trophy may not pop if you do a few characters one day, and the rest is on another day. It needs to be done in one session. If your high scores are messed up (like in my case, had 50 000+ with all characters but done on different days), simply delete your save data and start over from a fresh new state. Earning a high score with all 5 characters as described in Squire may be around 15 minutes.

Hope this quick guide helps to new players or the ones who stuck with some trophies.

• Like 3

Yesterday I looked here on the game page and there was no guide or topic for this game.

So to try to get the "Jack of All Trades" trophy I decided to play the entire game with each character in a single game session. That was 5 playthroughs of the game at once. At the end of the credits I entered my initials to register on the leaderboard. Guess what? After all that the trophy didn't unlock! Surely this is a buggy or poorly programmed trophy.

Now I see this mini guide and the excellent tip that playing only until the first boss is enough to have the name registered. After deleting my save, I did this and it worked. Without a doubt this is the guaranteed and fastest way to get this trophy.

Edited by MarcioAP1
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I made a PSNProfiles account just to thank you for this! I had grinded for days trying to get this! 10 full playthroughs and a couple things i tried over a few days. I had searched for information on how to get this and found nothing, until i accidentally ran in to this forum post! Got it within 15 mins! So thank you SO much! 

• Like 1