How to get the medal: Combos?

Goodboy995

i have all the medals now except the Combos and my only trophy left is to get all the medals.

Im confused about this one how i should get it? First i was trying get it in Act 3, i thought i need to get a 20x combo at once and tried to explode everything in one go.

Later i found a guide and it says: ''Combos: Get A Total Of 20 Combos In One Playthrough: This counts throughout all your playthroughs throughout the entire game, and it also includes the Challenge Room.''

Now im playing the challenge room for like a hour already and still no combo medal. How its counting in challenge room? can i die or should i keep finish all 5 waves?

or maybe im doing it wrong? i mean if i kill 2 enemies at same time, then on the top screen from the 4 icons 1 of them is showing up, like if i kill with gun then the gun icon shows 2X and thats a combo right? or can i do only gun or explisive gel etc. should work too?

EDIT: Im still not sure what i did wrong that i couldn't get it in my story playthrough while finishing the game, but now i gived it another try in the challenge room, tried to kill the enemies with different methods and after 20min the combos medal popped :)  Finally got 100% in this game

Edited by Goodboy995
correction