Advice for earning reward points & upgrading your golfer

joerevs300

So I've now put several days into this game and outside of YouTube there isn't much out there in this topic, so I'm here to try and help with the easiest ways to earn reward points. 

(NOTE!  This is NOT available for purchase!  The only thing you can use the green points for that will help you earn reward points with is buying the red tickets to enter tournaments.  More on this later)

#1:  Enter the two FREE daily tournaments

Every day there are two arcade level tournaments you can enter.  The least you will earn is 300-500 VC.  I believe they reset at 7AM and 7 PM EST/GMT -4.  So that's 600-1000 daily, minimum, and they're only 4 holes.  Now, if you want to spend real money on points for tickets, you can enter other tournaments and get better awards.  Finally, there was a launch special tournament that only lasted 3 days.  It would be advisable to check in during the weekend of the majors as it's quite likely they'll add free, special tournaments during that time.

#2:  Course Mastery

Each course has 3 levels of quests.  You get 500 VC for each and 2000 when you're finished.  So that's 3500/course.  3500 x 30 = 105000 reward points.  This also has a bonus perk of earning a ton of XP to upgrade your golfer.  NOTE!  You can only master each course once.

#3:  Challenges

There are a metric ton of challenges in this game, covering all tours.  They are quick but earn you a minuscule amount of reward points (30-50 avg each challenge).  

#4  Playing Career and passing milestones.

As you do things in the game (e.g., making the cut at the Masters as an amateur) you'll also earn reward points.  Winning The Players and the 4 Majors as a PGA Tour player will all give you a legendary spec as well.

Now a word on upgrading.  You cannot max out all your stats.  There is a cap, though I'm not sure what that is.  So the only other way to hit higher overall numbers is through specs.  This is why reward points is so important.  You can earn them through career, but especially for the Legendary specs it is difficult.  But if you do all the course mastery, you should be able to buy one for all the parts of your bag (driver, wood, iron, wedge, ball).  Driver costs 18000 for Legendary, then like 14000 for wood and so on.  They also have different focuses (power, accuracy, etc).  So to build the best golfer, max your putting through XP, and use whatever legendary specs to boost a skill you want (driving for example) and use your upgrade points on a different area (approach, short game). 

If you've got any other questions I'm happy to try to answer them!

Edited by joerevs300
Updating VC to the proper term
  • Like 1