General strategies for the game

C_Trophs

I found it impossible to find any info or gameplay for this game, which caused me to be lost when it came to completing the game. I had no idea how the game worked, let alone how to beat it; or the differences between Easy,Normal, and Hard difficulties. Completing Arcade Mode on Hard difficulty will be the hardest part of this platinum trophy. When you get hit by obstacles in the game, everything will freeze, but time will keep ticking. Sometimes using “X” button to stop the obstacles will be beneficial. This still keeps the clock ticking, but you can save yourself a small amount of time by properly using this. I learned early on that you’re going to want to go for the extra time items; those are the most important items for beating arcade mode. They look like little black dots, I hardly noticed them when I started. They add 9 seconds to your timer. The “special” items that run across the screen will also add 9 seconds to your time. Missing one of these items (special or time) on Hard mode will result in you inevitably running out of time (which puts you in sudden death mode and will make completing the stage immensely more difficult), so you’ll have to be very careful. Sometimes, it’s beneficial to run into obstacles to reach the time items. All these items seem to appear at random. The v99 items only add points to your score, but they don’t add time. However, I felt that collecting as many v99 items as I could helped the time items to appear sooner. My theory is that your score increasing is what causes this, so avoiding obstacles (which give you -9999 points) may also cause time items to appear sooner. Even after beating the game, I can not confirm this, but it’s worth a little experimentation. The difference between Easy, Normal, and Hard? I still am not sure. I think the difference is less time items appear on harder difficulties. I hope this helps someone. If anyone knows where to find tips and strategies for this game, please share. I was unable to find any. The following link is a YouTube video which shows the entirety of Arcade Mode completed on normal difficulty. It was the only help I could really find. 

• Like 1