We Hates Them Trophy Breakdown

Hi all

It's been a few days since release and I've completed the game twice through (second was a no dying run).

However I seem to have come to a standstill with this trophy which means allowing the cook, the elf guard and the riddle master to die.

Whether you went mostly gollum or smeagol, the cook and elf guard are relatively easy to kill off, ignore the cook at end of chapter 9 and distract the elf guard allowing the beastmaster to kill her.

The riddle master is tricky. It's a tear up between Gollum and Smeagol, Gollum wants him to survive, Smeagol wants him to die.

You need two people to win the argument but I can't see where and what parts of the story impacts them.

SPOILERS

So the first three options are:

Frail Man: After sabotage, cover for him with the orc and then later on with the Riddle Master. GOLLUM wins argument because either way, we send him to the light or take away his honourable death.

Cruel Orc: After sabotage, cover for him with the orc and then later on with the Riddle Master. GOLLUM wins argument because either way, we send him to the light or hes free to kill people on the surface.

Greshneg: GOLLUM wins, doesn't matter if you remained positive or negative about Greshneg it seems.

Second options

Bird: On my Gollum playthrough, SMEAGOL wins this argument because he convinces Gollum that he was scared. On my Smeagol playthrough, GOLLUM wins this argument because it betrayed us. On my third playthrough (Gollum), GOLLUM won again because again he betrayed us. (First and third playthrough I did not name the bird). Not sure what the trigger is here.

Mell: GOLLUM wins, either way because your'e trying to kill the Riddle Master.

Cook: If you let the cook die (needed for trophy), GOLLUM wins this argument because he says she lost her life. 

Revert to first set of three, minus one you chose. Gollum wins again.

The only way I've managed to kill the riddle master was when I saved the Cook and Elf guard which defeats the purpose.

So my question is, what is the trigger for the bird and has anyone had a Smeagol win for either of the first three. If I can do that trigger, I can work this out  

Edited by lnFIame_
  • Like 2

asks, who exactly are these and what do the bird and the frail man have to do with them? And in which chapter does each one die for you? I'm getting to chapter 7 now and I want to take the opportunity to do some tests.

On 27.5.2023 at 3:40 PM, lnFIame_ said:

Hi all

It's been a few days since release and I've completed the game twice through (second was a no dying run).

However I seem to have come to a standstill with this trophy which means allowing the cook, the elf guard and the riddle master to die.

Whether you went mostly gollum or smeagol, the cook and elf guard are relatively easy to kill off, ignore the cook at end of chapter 9 and distract the elf guard allowing the beastmaster to kill her.

The riddle master is tricky. It's a tear up between Gollum and Smeagol, Gollum wants him to survive, Smeagol wants him to die.

You need two people to win the argument but I can't see where and what parts of the story impacts them.

SPOILERS

So the first three options are:

Frail Man: After sabotage, cover for him with the orc and then later on with the Riddle Master. GOLLUM wins argument because either way, we send him to the light or take away his honourable death.

Cruel Orc: After sabotage, cover for him with the orc and then later on with the Riddle Master. GOLLUM wins argument because either way, we send him to the light or hes free to kill people on the surface.

Greshneg: GOLLUM wins, doesn't matter if you remained positive or negative about Greshneg it seems.

Second options

Bird: On my Gollum playthrough, SMEAGOL wins this argument because he convinces Gollum that he was scared. On my Smeagol playthrough, GOLLUM wins this argument because it betrayed us. On my third playthrough (Gollum), GOLLUM won again because again he betrayed us. (First and third playthrough I did not name the bird). Not sure what the trigger is here.

Mell: GOLLUM wins, either way because your'e trying to kill the Riddle Master.

Cook: If you let the cook die (needed for trophy), GOLLUM wins this argument because he says she lost her life. 

Revert to first set of three, minus one you chose. Gollum wins again.

The only way I've managed to kill the riddle master was when I saved the Cook and Elf guard which defeats the purpose.

So my question is, what is the trigger for the bird and has anyone had a Smeagol win for either of the first three. If I can do that trigger, I can work this out  

Weird.. I had the WITCH as option instead of GRESHNEG - This made me get the trophy

2 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

Weird.. I had the WITCH as option instead of GRESHNEG - This made me get the trophy

Strange, what sort of interaction did you have with the witch? I only get to talk to her twice 

33 minutes ago, lnFIame_ said:

Strange, what sort of interaction did you have with the witch? I only get to talk to her twice 

You talk to the beastmaster - made a video. Rendering now, posts it on my channel and here as soon as its ready. 

Was she alive and present in chapter 10 in your game??

Edited by Ben-Gun

10 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

Are you able to go back to redo chapter 2 for the witch interactions and then redo chapter 10 to get this achievement without doing a whole new play through?

Okay so I backed up my save just in case, and this is roughly what I did throughout.

I went with every Sméagol interaction to try and get the no room for Gollum trophy which seems to have paid off.

- I never spoke to the witch.

- Blamed the cruel orc instead of the frail man (obviously he dies anyway)

- Freed bird from its cage

- Tried to save Greshneg from Shelob

- Good Sméagol options talking to cruel elves and helping out the cook

- Let the cook die

- Distracted the cruel elves so they die

Final Riddlemaster Options

Saved Greshneg from the light

Saved Mell from the King

Helped elf cook with lanterns

Freed bird

I think these were the 4 options I chose, one was a Gollum choice on purpose to open up for another Sméagol one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhantomLXQ said:

Okay so I backed up my save just in case, and this is roughly what I did throughout.

I went with every Sméagol interaction to try and get the no room for Gollum trophy which seems to have paid off.

- I never spoke to the witch.

- Blamed the cruel orc instead of the frail man (obviously he dies anyway)

- Freed bird from its cage

- Tried to save Greshneg from Shelob

- Good Sméagol options talking to cruel elves and helping out the cook

- Let the cook die

- Distracted the cruel elves so they die

Final Riddlemaster Options

Saved Greshneg from the light

Saved Mell from the King

Helped elf cook with lanterns

Freed bird

I think these were the 4 options I chose, one was a Gollum choice on purpose to open up for another Sméagol one.

Niiice ? Congrats. There are multiple ways to get it it seems. When I choose the dialagues options for riddlemaster in a different order, Smeagol won instead of Gollum ? 1st try gollum won, but an option turned smeagol because it was the final one.

- Do you know if you can quit to main menu to avoid deaths??

3 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

Niiice 1f601.png Congrats. There are multiple ways to get it it seems. When I choose the dialagues options for riddlemaster in a different order, Smeagol won instead of Gollum 1f605.png 1st try gollum won, but an option turned smeagol because it was the final one.

- Do you know if you can quit to main menu to avoid deaths??

So I made a cloud backup at the point where you have the choice to save or let the cook die, and pushed through as far as I could without dying. I got to one of the side bits in the source where I ended up dying. Tried the quitting to main menu instead of going back to the last checkpoint or respawning and when I got to the end, no trophy. Thankfully I went back after getting the saving everyone trophy and managed to finish the no death run.

TLDR; from my second play through, no I don't think you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Going for this at the moment, at the point of climbing the midsummer's tree.

On my first playthrough I went as Smeagol, won the riddles with the elf's sitting by the tree, saved the cook etc.

Second playthrough have been Gollum throughout but the only option to climb the tree is bring the cook to help and then they're not there when escaping.

Any suggestions are appreciated here!!

Think I've found the solution that it's dependent on the previous chapter's Gollum/Smeagol decision, going to play the rest out and see what happens and then re-play from Chapter 8 if no pop.

Any advice still though please :)

Edited by ItsHollow_Man

• 3 weeks later...

I went through a Smeagol run first, but didn't save the witch. Playing from Chapter 9, I let the cook and cruel she-elf die. But when I got to the Riddlemaster/Orc decision, it was a bit tricky, as most options lead to killing the orc instead. This is the combination that ended up working for me:

Side with Smeagol to betray the elf

> Cruel Orc

> Freed Bird

> Frail Man

Just putting this out here in case anybody has the same problem I had.