Tortoise Toppler Help!

GentleJordy

Howdy everyone!

As the subject line says I’m pretty much fully lost on what I’m supposed to do to kickoff the Let Sleeping Mountains Lie quest. I’m 70 hours into the game, beat the main story, completed 80+ side quests and just about everything else. This is the last trophy I need really.

I’ve traveled back in time and nothing happens. I’ve talked to Cindy multiple times. I’ve reloaded multiple saves. Done extra side quests. I just literally have no idea what I’m supposed to do to start this quest. It seems I was supposed to get it from progressing through the story but it’s nowhere to be found. Every guide says to travel back in time to the city and you’ll get a call from Cindy kicking off the quest. That is not happening unless I’m supposed to wait around 20+ minutes. 

Does anyone have any idea what I might’ve done wrong? FWIW this save file is completed from the base game so I didn’t do any post-launch content outside of a few separate DLC stories. Any help would be much appreciated, I don’t want to miss out on this platinum after I grinded all of the other trophies for nearly 70 hours. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 11:08 AM, Boni_Neto said:

That is weird, she was supposed to tell you about the earthquakes and to ask you to talk to Cindy.

Perhaps you already did all that and don't remember. Try talking to the tipster in Hammerhead's diner to see if the turtoise hunt in on.

Seems like I may have forgotten as you mentioned. I didn't directly do the hunt but I was able to just fight the thing for some reason? Idk... either way the trophy popped and I'm on my way to the platinum lol.

15 hours ago, GentleJordy said:

Seems like I may have forgotten as you mentioned. I didn't directly do the hunt but I was able to just fight the thing for some reason? Idk... either way the trophy popped and I'm on my way to the platinum lol.

Glad you worked it out, good luck with the rest of the trophies :)